Reality TV

Music is not everything...
Andy H
Heavyweight

Reality TV

Post by Andy H » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:12 pm

Any one notice how parenting programs are the new DIY? All the reality programs in the UK/Ireland seem to be "How To Manage Your Unruly Kids" or "When Good Kids Go Bad".. Is it the same in the EU/US???

Andy
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:54 pm

Geez, I think 90% of what's on TV here is "reality"... which means I don't watch hardly any TV anymore :roll: !

And yes I believe several are devoted to kids that are totally screwed up. Just like the adults on the rest of the reality shows...

Can anyone tell that I think "reality TV" is the worst trend ever for television? I can't even stand the promo's for these shows!

Froggy
Car-Eating Man

Post by Froggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:04 am

:D One thing I DO NOT miss about living in CA is reality TV, I liked them years and years ago when theyre wasnt so many but now its like every channel, every day....that said Ive got into BB6 in UK :P

Anyone know the what first reality TV show where they went into a family's home and filmed their everyday life.....like Ozzys show?

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:13 pm

You know, Matt, I couldn't agree more with your feelings regarding reality shows. I take great effort in avoiding them altogether. These Capitalists want to maximize profit by continuing to charge advertisers full price for the time slots and then build a show with fifty bucks!

No thanks, I was born with a brain. I honestly thought these shows were originally developed to entertain house plants.

man who ate his car
Doctor Doctor

Post by man who ate his car » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:42 am

I'm not too keen on reality shows either, although I do watch Survivor. Season 11 starts tomorrow on CBS. Right now on OLN TV, they are repeating all the old Survivor seasons. The season from Africa is on now. Last night, they aired the episode when they all had to drink blood from a cow. Supposedly, the african natives drink cow blood as part of their normal daily lives. They showed the one native stab the cow in the neck, and filled a gord with it's blood as it came pouring out. It was rather gross. The cow was not killed, only wounded in order to draw blood. The players all drank it with relative ease, so I was wondering if they maybe gave them something else like raspberry juice to drink. It could have been fake, I don't know. Sometimes they make them eat live grubs or insects, and that doesn't look fake. In any case, I don't understand why there are people who are willing to put their bodies thru all that physical torture for 39 days just to have a shot at a million bucks. Nowadays, one million is really not a lot of money. And about half of it is gone right away for taxes. They should make first prize five or ten million. Maybe some of these people sign up because they seek the adventure or experience. Maybe some of em want the TV exposure. I know that everyone who gets on the show receives some money, the longer you last the more you get.
Munched his way to a million hearts as he ate the tires and the spare parts.