Gallagher & Lyle 1st Album On Ebay

Discussions about Gallagher & Lyle

Moderator: rito

mygeneration
Momma's Boy

Gallagher & Lyle 1st Album On Ebay

Post by mygeneration » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:15 am

It's not me that's selling it, but it doesn't turn up very often these days. It's at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 68197&rd=1
My Generation 60s web radio -
Regularly playing Gallagher & Lyle
www.my-generation.org.uk

dixie

Re: Gallagher & Lyle 1st Album On Ebay

Post by dixie » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:44 pm

mygeneration wrote:It's not me that's selling it, but it doesn't turn up very often these days. It's at

Can't quite lay my hands on it at moment, but I've the very same album but mine's has a different record cover. Wonder why ?

mygeneration
Momma's Boy

Post by mygeneration » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:35 am

dixie wrote:
mygeneration wrote:It's not me that's selling it, but it doesn't turn up very often these days. It's at

Can't quite lay my hands on it at moment, but I've the very same album but mine's has a different record cover. Wonder why ?

If yours has a maroon and black cover with the two of them pictured live, it sounds like the Capitol label version which is rarer than the one on Ebay.
www.my-generation.org.uk

seeds

Post by seeds » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:17 am

I bought the album on ebay and it is in mint condition.It looks like it's never been played.I also have the Capitol label version decribed by Dixie but this album was released in the USA and only has 10 tracks on it instead of 12 tracks on the A & M version.The last 2 tracks on the UK album are missing from the Capitol label version.I don't know if Capitol released a UK version the same as the A & M one.But this is the first time I have ever located their first album anywhere.Other sites, like Musicstack,
seem to have plenty of the USA Capitol label versions so beware.

mygeneration
Momma's Boy

Post by mygeneration » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:51 pm

seeds wrote:I bought the album on ebay and it is in mint condition.It looks like it's never been played.I also have the Capitol label version decribed by Dixie but this album was released in the USA and only has 10 tracks on it instead of 12 tracks on the A & M version.The last 2 tracks on the UK album are missing from the Capitol label version.I don't know if Capitol released a UK version the same as the A & M one.But this is the first time I have ever located their first album anywhere.Other sites, like Musicstack,
seem to have plenty of the USA Capitol label versions so beware.

Yes Capitol issued a UK version with the full tracklisting. Bought mine for 50p at a boot sale! The USA had - may still have - some licensing arrangement whereby if you put more than five tracks on a side you get clobbered for far more royalty payments
www.my-generation.org.uk

JohnCNZ

Just Do It!

Post by JohnCNZ » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:24 am

Back on the board after a longish absence ... using this similar ID till I can get the old one back.

There may too have been trouble in the US over the [i]copyright/[i] to Desiderata.

Forget all that mythology about it being found in a church in 1692 - it was written by an American lawyer in the 1920s and since he died in 1945, it doesn't enter the public domain till around 2020, if I understand US copyright law correctly.

Add the fact that G & L tinkered extensively with the words for their version, changing the order and leaving some out altogther, and you have the recipe for a very nice little legal set-to.

As for reissuing the first album - rights only mean anything if they're capable of being enforced, and to enforce them, you surely have to have back-up documentation. River Records should just put the thing out - having first deposited an affidavit of their intention to cough up any royalties, provided proof of entitlement to same was forthcoming :twisted: . I reckon Capitol and A & M (or whoever) would very soon prove capable of turning up the relevant contracts!

bone59305

Hmmm...

Post by bone59305 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:41 pm

[quote="mygeneration"][/quote]

interesting :)

[email protected]

THE FIRST ALBUM [email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:32 am

have been trying for years to find this album again. Only just learned 2 use a computer, ( BELIEVE IT)! don`t know wot the chances r but would it b possible 4 someone 2 download it 2 my address at [email protected] or update me on how i might b able 2 obtain a copy of it in Australia.

mygeneration
Momma's Boy

Re: Just Do It!

Post by mygeneration » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:23 am

As for reissuing the first album - rights only mean anything if they're capable of being enforced, and to enforce them, you surely have to have back-up documentation. River Records should just put the thing out - having first deposited an affidavit of their intention to cough up any royalties, provided proof of entitlement to same was forthcoming :twisted: . I reckon Capitol and A & M (or whoever) would very soon prove capable of turning up the relevant contracts!

Do you think it would be worth their while? I wouldn't have thought the income from sales would be that much for an album which didn't sell well in the first place.
www.my-generation.org.uk