I've just received the 8 CD set

Discussions about Gallagher & Lyle

Moderator: rito

omar1957
Momma's Boy

Post by omar1957 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:16 am

mygeneration wrote:
omar1957 wrote:I have a really scrathced up vinyl single that I picked up in a charity shop years ago which I am sure has Desidereta on the B side.

Stuart

I have that single. Bought it some time ago on the British Capitol label. Never seen one before. Of course it's a demo. It may not have got any further than that as they changed labels.

You are right although Desiderata is the A side with Comfort and Joy on the B Side on the Capitol Label - and it is a promo too. Well spotted.

Stuart

EDDIE
Momma's Boy

Post by EDDIE » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:14 am

This was the first single released following their split from MCG Flint - I remember buying it a couple of weeks before the album came out. The problem at the time was that the Desiderata words were spoken over an awful backing track by an American guy Les Crane and this single got in the top 10 in the UK.

The G&L single was the first of many near misses. Comfort and Joy is still a good track tho' I cannot make out all the words.

the first album is definitely the missing link - has Bert tried agan recently or is it a lost cause? All seems a bit quiet out there -
EDDIE

bone59305

Yup

Post by bone59305 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:38 pm

Sarah J wrote:Heart back in the city was indeed written for the Glasgow Flower festival and is on the CD The Best of Gallagher and Lyle

I couldnt agree more, but nevertheless it sounds a bit fishy...