First Leaves Of Summer

Discussions about Gallagher & Lyle

Moderator: rito

<Joe>

First Leaves Of Summer

Post by <Joe> » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:51 pm

If anyone knows the chords to First Leaves Of Summer could they e-mail them to me (I only have access at work so can't log in regularly). I've just bought River Sessions and think the song is the best G & L ever done.<P>[email protected]<P>Cheers

<Joe>

Re: First Leaves Of Summer

Post by <Joe> » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:57 am

Managed to get a version from a kind soul on Mudcat.<P>First Leaves of Autumn<BR>Gallagher & Lyle<P><BR>C <BR>As the daylight turns to starlight<BR> F G<BR>And the season turns to change,<BR> C<BR>I get the same old answers <BR> F G<BR>but the question still remains.<BR> F<BR>We shared a brief but magic song,<BR> G Fm C<BR>By the first leaves of autumn, you were gone,<P>Chorus<P>C F G C<BR>Not until the rain had touched my face,<BR> F G C<BR>Not until the first leaves fell from space,<BR> F G Am<BR>Not until that moment did I see,<BR> C G7 F G7 C<BR>I never realised what you meant to me,<P>From the days you filled with sunlight,<BR>To the laughter in you eyes ,<BR>To the making and the breaking <BR>of the day you said goodbye,<BR>We shared a brief but magic song,<BR>By the first leaves of autumn, <BR>you were gone<P>Not until the hearts defence is down <BR>Not until ould come-all-ye comes round ,<BR>Not until that moment did I see,<BR>Never realised what you meant to me<P>Not until the rain has touched my face,<BR>Not until the first leaves fell from space,<BR>Not until that moment did I see,<BR>Never realised what you meant to me,<BR>I never realised what you meant to me,

<Sarah J>

Re: First Leaves Of Summer

Post by <Sarah J> » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:43 pm

Have to agree about First Leaves of Autumn - beautiful!<P>Just received my River Sessions copy and have spent a happy half hour listening and remembering gigs in Paisley Town Hall, Barrfields and later at the Apollo, Glasgow when, as a poor student I had to save up to buy tickets - happy days!<P>Good grief I'm starting to sound like my mother!! - scary!

[email protected]

first leaves of autumn tab

Post by [email protected] » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:55 am

If anyone wants the tab for this beautiful song e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send it on.