Did something happen to Roger Kent?

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

cdtheduck
Band Member

Re: Did something happen to Roger Kent?

Post by cdtheduck » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Just to set the record straight regarding City Boy Drummers. Roger was asked to leave the band because Mutt told us point blank that he would not produce any more albums for us after DATR if we didn't find a replacement for him. That didn't happen immediately so Mutt recommended we employ Tony "Animal" Braunagel as a session guy for the recording of YMGW. Tony never played any live gigs with us.....we didn't tour until we had decided on Roy as our new replacement drummer. This guy "Rob Neil" is unknown to myself or Steve so he is obviously a figment of someones imagination. MAYBE he was one of the wacko drummers who auditioned for us before we encountered the wacky but very talented Roy "Awk" Ward but I don't have a list of names of the other guys who auditioned for the job.

cdtheduck
Band Member

Post by cdtheduck » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:21 am

OK, more info from our intrepid roadie and lighting guy, Dave Smith: "Bob Neal was an old pal of Roy's and was his drum roadie. Sadly Bob also died some years ago in tragic circumstances. The story of Roger dying came from Roy, he'd heard from a friend of a friend etc."

1after2
Car-Eating Man

Post by 1after2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:46 am

thanks Chris... that's one part of the "mystery" solved I guess...
The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience