Generation Stooopid

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Generation Stooopid

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

He is one of the greatest living musicians and a legend to many - and we're not talking about Kanye West.
Yet Paul McCartney's recent collaboration with the rapper for the newly released single Only One at first appears to have left some hip hop fans scratching their heads.
'Who is Paul Mcartney?, one wrote on Twitter about the Beatles rocker while another posted: 'This Paul McCartney guy gonna be huge.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z3NyeN746K
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

rito
El Presidente

Re: Generation Stooopid

Post by rito » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:19 pm

strange times... but the real irony is, that the song was a hit for one day and then disappeared without a trace. and no I did not listen to it either

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:19 pm

:yikes:
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:45 am

When we were the same age as those kids, we had a rudimentary knowledge about older music. The music of our parents, and some about classical music at least. Do they even know any other artists than Kanye, Jay Z, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Nikki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and what their names happen to be? Bands like Oasis, Nirvana, Linkin Park or whatever must be dinosaurs and fossils. 20 years ago was ancient times. Like Jesus. Who was Julius Caesar? Did he perform in Vegas? Why else is the place there named after him, dude? They are completely disconnected with the past.

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:46 am

This got me thinking. I told my 2 girls (10 and 12) about this post. When I got to the bit about Paul McCartney, they both said simultaneously "he was in the Beatles, right?"

All is not lost! :D :D :D

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Andy H wrote:This got me thinking. I told my 2 girls (10 and 12) about this post. When I got to the bit about Paul McCartney, they both said simultaneously "he was in the Beatles, right?"

All is not lost! :D :D :D

Andy.
Congratiolations! Seems like not all hope is gone if they actually heard about the Fab Four. :))

- Rod Serling