Something spooky this way comes???

Music is not everything...
Laurelei
Generalissima

Something spooky this way comes???

Post by Laurelei » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:01 am

My kids have maintained for years that our house is haunted. We've heard strange things from time to time, but what house doesn't make some settling noises and I'm not willing to jump right to having an excess of ectoplasm around. Me, I don't believe in ghosts. They sure do.

My kids, all smokers, get banished to the front porch if they want a cigarette. My oldest daughter was out there late on Thursday night. She was sitting at the little table we have out there, and checking FB or something on her cell phone. Now, we have two cars in the driveway, right up by the garage door. She heard foot steps walking between them. She looked up and saw nothing. Back to Facebook updates. More foot steps. Natalie looks up again. Foot steps stop. This repeated several times and she was getting a bit freaked. Finally she said out loud, "I can hear you, you know" and immediately the foot steps started up again going across the drive way, over the little grassy area and onto our porch. She ran inside terrified.

My son Josh was in the living room and saw her when she ran in. He says she was white as a ghost and terrified.

I do not believe in things that go bump in the night, but she is quite sure about what happened.

Jo Ann :?
Too damn hard...

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Re: Something spooky this way comes???

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:27 pm

I see no reason to be afraid of ghosts. The way I see it she's more afraid of the unknown than the ghosts themselves. Maybe Hollywood is also to blame for peoples fear of ghosts. Then again, shows like Ghost Whisperer and Medium should have counter-acted this to some degree. Only entities she should be wary of are the shadow people, especially the hat-man and Black-Eyed Kids. But both those phenomena are clearly visible though. I haven't seen them myself but those who have talks about a sense of dread. The BEK's have some treats of a vampire, as much as they try to get invited. Even to the extent that they nag about it. Would be interesting if someone manage to snap a photo of those things some day. So be careful with those. But with ghsts, nah, for all I know they could be a dead relative or family member checking you out.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

Germain
Hap-ki-do kid

Post by Germain » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:19 am

Hey Jo,

Have you had any creepy visitations down at the shore? I seem to recall that you had another inexplicable experience down there several years ago.

I have had a few low key oddities happen in my house in the last several weeks. I was in my bathroom with the door open, recently. The linen closet is directly next to the bathrrm and the door to it is clearly visible in the bathroom mirror. The door was standing open and I saw it close in the mirror. No one was near it.

Twice recently, my fan has shut itself off for no apparent reason. My very logical husband thinks that it was just drawing too much current and protected itself, but we have had that fan for several years and I never remember it doing that before. Then again, my husband is and electrician, so I guess I had better trust that he knows of what he speaks. But what about the door? Oh, by the way, no windows were open or anything like that which might explain the door closing itself.

Roz :para

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Sadie? The boys messing with you? Luigi? Spooky indeed.

Jo |:
Too damn hard...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh, the house seems to be ghost free this year. Half way through the week ans nothing odd hapening.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...