Listening to right now...

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1663
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am

Post by al » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Lily...too bad your singing talent didn't blossom into something bigger than school.

Yeah, and we're all older now!

User avatar
[email protected]
Heavyweight
Posts: 1527
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:01 am
Location: vasteras.se

Post by [email protected] » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:45 am

Hi Lily! I would like to welcome you on board too! I know Al and Leo have supplied you with City Boy's all seven albums. Hope you are going to like the music!
... and out!

User avatar
Leo camoose
Heavyweight
Posts: 1115
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Bornholm, Denmark

Post by Leo camoose » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:33 pm

Welcome to the World of The Greatest Band ever,.........Lily :D

I haven't send You any CB music..............but it can be arranged of course! 8)

Anyway You know My feelings for City Boy and I'm sure You can hear where A.C.T gets some of their inspiration from when You get Your chance to listen to CB Music! :arrow: :idea: :lol:

Now Playing.............

Lisa Miskovsky - Changes :P

User avatar
Andy H
Heavyweight
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Post by Andy H » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi Lily,

Welcome to the board, always good to have a new friend!

Currently listening to Transit: "Catch Fire" and "Heart Core", courtesy of Melodicrock.com MR-X.

Listened to Hugo "Hugo" and Open Skyz "Open Skyz" this week - getting into a Journey-esque vibe ahead of my trip to Cardiff next Friday to see Journey live!!!

Also on the playlist:

B.A. Robertson (remember him???) - "The platinum collection"
Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers"
Neal Morse "Sola Scriptura" (sensational - already a strong contender for album of the year)
Caecilie Norby - Slow Fruit (a little bit of jazz never hurts...!!!)

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

User avatar
lilygron
Momma's Boy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Contact:

Post by lilygron » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:04 pm

al wrote:Lily...too bad your singing talent didn't blossom into something bigger than school.

Yeah, and we're all older now!


Alan....I never had much of a singing talent.:lol:..... I did have a good ear for music and was able to stay on key....but my vocals were never anything I could feel too proud about. Haha!!
I would had never dared to sing solo.. :? :? :? :lol:

Yeah, we're all older but....so much wiser!!! 8) :!:

User avatar
lilygron
Momma's Boy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Contact:

Post by lilygron » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:24 pm

[email protected] wrote:Hi Lily! I would like to welcome you on board too! I know Al and Leo have supplied you with City Boy's all seven albums. Hope you are going to like the music!


Hi Mikael, Thank you!! I appreciate very much the warm welcoming I have received from you and everyone else in this forum. It is indeed great to be here.:D :wink:

I am at this moment enjoying some really great songs from City Boy. I can see now why Leo, Al, Martin and so many others I have met in the other forums are so attached to CB music.
It is really great!! ~Lily~ :wink:

User avatar
lilygron
Momma's Boy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Contact:

Post by lilygron » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:34 pm

Leo camoose wrote:Welcome to the World of The Greatest Band ever,.........Lily :D

I haven't send You any CB music..............but it can be arranged of course! 8)

Anyway You know My feelings for City Boy and I'm sure You can hear where A.C.T gets some of their inspiration from when You get Your chance to listen to CB Music! :arrow: :idea: :lol:

Now Playing.............

Lisa Miskovsky - Changes :P


Well, Thank you Leo...You are correct!!....City Boy is a super great band!!!
But, somehow....I always knew that if you liked them....I was going to find them to my liking, as well. And...YES! I could definitely detect the influence they were for A.C.T Very true!! :D :wink:

Now Playing....... City Boy - The Violin

User avatar
lilygron
Momma's Boy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Contact:

Post by lilygron » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:45 pm

Andy H wrote:Hi Lily,

Welcome to the board, always good to have a new friend!


Hi Andy, Thanks for the welcome. I feel the same way....It is good to have a new friend. I think I have just found many great ones here, and I am very happy for that!!! :D

I can see you have Deep Purple as one of those you are listening right now. I like Deep Purple too, even though I only have 2 of their CDs (Smoke On The Water and The Best of Deep Purple), but hope to find more soon. I am actually searching for the one you are listening right now. It has been recommended to me in several occasions.

Cheers and Thanks!!

~Lily~

User avatar
Andy H
Heavyweight
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Post by Andy H » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:57 am

Lily,

I can also recommend Deep Purple's more recent stuff, with Steve Morse (ex-Kansas, Dixie Dregs) on guitar. Check out "Purpendicular" for starters...

Best wishes,

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

User avatar
Andy H
Heavyweight
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Post by Andy H » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:15 am

Lily,

Excellent paintings on your myspace page BTW - you are very talented!

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1663
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am

Post by al » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:41 am

Leo camoose wrote:I haven't send You any CB music..............but it can be arranged of course! :P


...taken care of Leo.

Shadow Gallery- Carved In Stone
Fleetwood Mac - F.M.
The Cars

User avatar
lilygron
Momma's Boy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Contact:

Post by lilygron » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 am

Andy H wrote:Lily,

I can also recommend Deep Purple's more recent stuff, with Steve Morse (ex-Kansas, Dixie Dregs) on guitar. Check out "Purpendicular" for starters...

Best wishes,

Andy.


Hi Andy, Thanks for your recommendation on Deep Purple. I will check them out. :wink:

Also, I want to thank you for your comments on my paintings. I am happy to know you have seen them and liked them. I hope I get some more work done soon.

Right now I am listening to one that was recommended to me by Henrik Flyman. This is from the Soundtrack "CHESS" from ABBA and the particular song that I absolutely love is called "I Know Him So Well".

Lily
:wink:

User avatar
lilygron
Momma's Boy
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 pm
Contact:

Post by lilygron » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:53 am

al wrote:
Leo camoose wrote:I haven't send You any CB music..............but it can be arranged of course! :P


...taken care of Leo.



Yes, indeed....Leo, Al has taken excellent care of that!!! :D :D :D

Thanks again Al....That was super nice of you. 8) 8)

~Lily~

User avatar
Leo camoose
Heavyweight
Posts: 1115
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Bornholm, Denmark

Post by Leo camoose » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:47 pm

Great! :D

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1663
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am

Post by al » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:02 pm

lilygron wrote:
al wrote:
Leo camoose wrote:I haven't send You any CB music..............but it can be arranged of course! :P


...taken care of Leo.



Yes, indeed....Leo, Al has taken excellent care of that!!! :D :D :D

Thanks again Al....That was super nice of you. 8) 8)

~Lily~


I want a full review of the albums :wink:

No, I'm joking, but I would be interested in what you think of CB and perhaps which is your favorite album 8)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests