A thank you to Mr. Thomas

All things Max Thomas

Moderator: jam

uberbelly
Narcissus

A thank you to Mr. Thomas

Post by uberbelly » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi y'all...newbie to the forum but not to the world's greatest rock band. I just wanted to share something that happened to me today...I was going through some boxes that I had stored for the last 29 years in my parents garage and I came across this letter written to me by the man himself, Max Thomas. I was 17 when I wrote to the address on the back of TDTECF asking about t-shirts, expecting a reply from some fanclub peep when much to my amazement when I opened the letter it was a personal note from Max. Now, I'm not sure about you but WHO ever expects to get a reply from a BAND MEMBER?! The fact that you took the time to write me back Max, I have never forgotten...what I did forget was that I had actually kept the letter after all of these years and I just wanted to share it with you City Boy fans here...Thanks Max...you rock!!

One more mosquito bite before we get to bed...

Steve F
Momma's Boy

Re: A thank you to Mr. Thomas

Post by Steve F » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 am

How cool is that ! That must have brought back some great memories. Congrats on finding this buried treasure.

jam
Doctor Doctor

Post by jam » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Great post, uberbelly. Good of you to share. It's Max's handwriting all right. :-J

If you want to Walk on the Water you've got to get out of the boat.

uberbelly
Narcissus

Post by uberbelly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Good times indeed...17, driving around in my old '71 Ford LTD blasting tunes (golden boy rides bike off interstate 1-5)...
Though I had heard Book Early it wasn't until TDTECF that I understood what a great band they were...then of course discovered the other albums...Dinner At The Ritz is still my fave.
Great site you guys have here! always cool to meet peeps that love CB!
cheers,
jeff
One more mosquito bite before we get to bed...