New Max Thomas forum!

All things Max Thomas

Moderator: jam

Max Thomas
Band Member

Re: New Max Thomas forum!

Post by Max Thomas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey, 1after2, thank you so much for your response to my last posting!

I too used to think that the "truth" probably consisted of little bits and pieces from the various different faiths that exist in the world. Then it began to dawn on me that "Truth" can, almost by definition, only be defined or identified in ONE single way otherwise it simply doesn't exist - and that didn't make sense at all! In other words, there can only be ONE truth, otherwise there is no such thing.
I've written elsewhere about the process that took place which led me to realize that Christ is indeed the Way, the Truth and the Life.... so I won't repeat it here.

Now, moving on to the last part of your posting...

First of all, I have to say that syzygy is right - and thank you for your wonderful contribution,syzygy - there is indeed hope for everyone, and God Himself hopes for all of us...

It is difficult for many people to understand the concept of the Son of the Creator of the Universe having to become a human being in order potentially to save the human race (I''ll return to the significance of the word "potentially" another time) from the fate that is destined to befall the one who is the source of all evil in the world. However, this is a whole, huge, other subject, and I won't attempt to discuss it here and now. Let me not lose track of what we're currently talking about...

We need to ask ourselves certain questions before we take on the role of judge regarding the guilt (or innocence) of others:
Who are we to judge the gravity of another's sin when we will ALL need to seek forgiveness for our own sins one day?
What right (or certainty) do any of us have to look at another person and say that we are better than them, or that we would never have done what they did?

"Forgive us our sins as we forgive those that sin against us." In the Lord's prayer itself we are told to seek forgiveness AND to forgive others.

If we live our lives not forgiving others, how can we expect forgiveness ourselves?

It is anyway such a burden to carry resentment or bitterness or anger or unforgiveness around with us. It doesn't change or make any difference to the one whom we hate (unless we chose to hurt or kill that person, and, don't forget that Hitler's Chiefs of Staff would all pay the ultimate price of losing their lives anyway). God will anyway judge them just as He will judge us. It serves only to keep us constantly weighed down with all those most negative and unpleasant emotions as listed above... and it will translate into our own lives in other ways: anger will manifest itself whenever we are reminded of the subject of our hate; we will inevitably speak badly of them to others; we will start to resent anyone whom we consider not worthy of what they have, or who they are. Jealousy and envy can grow out of all control in a bitter person, and in some cases, that person may well turn into someone much worse than the one they have despised in the first place!

I dare say that there are millions of families in the world which are torn apart by lack of forgiveness of one or more members as a result of some unpleasant event that took place in the past (it can even be a hatred that spans different generations), even before we atlk about the hatred that some people have for other ethnic groups.

I won't blather on any more now, but I think discussions of such issues deserve a new topic, so if I can do it, I might put the last three or four postings on these issues in a new topic called...forgiveness?

Love to you all!
Max

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 am

I always think of it in terms of saying you love someone or something -love is a word much bandied around in English, such as I love chocolate, sunny days, or a band - and feeling true love. One is lip service, the other is something that touches your soul and heart, something that changes you, something with true meaning and impact on your life. Lip service doesn't cut it and just "saying the words" won't fool God or even yourself. It has to be real.

I don't know if that helps or not.

Jo
Too damn hard...

1after2
Car-Eating Man

Post by 1after2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 am

Thanks Max, Jo and syzygy for your responses.
Although I see what you mean, a face-to-face talk about this subject could work even more elucidating for me.
I think I probably will discuss this soon, with two of my friends, both Christians.
I am curious how they will see this.
The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Please keep up posted. I would be very interested in what your friends have to say on this.

And if I can answer any questions for you, please don't hesitate to ask. Reading your first post here brought back many echoes to me of my own thoughts not too many years ago.

Jo

SFH_email
Momma's Boy

Post by SFH_email » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:57 am

And I thought I was only to find CB stuff on this site...WOW...glad I dug a little deeper into the discussions.

Long time CB fan...to find out one of the guys is a Christian just really blows my mind...WOW.

Keep the faith...stand strong.

How can we continue to pray for you ? (in fact any of you)

From State Side...USA

Steve

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 pm

1after2 wrote:Thanks Max, Jo and syzygy for your responses.
Although I see what you mean, a face-to-face talk about this subject could work even more elucidating for me.
I think I probably will discuss this soon, with two of my friends, both Christians.
I am curious how they will see this.
Hey Piet,

I was wondering if you had spoken to your friends, and if you did how it went.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

1after2
Car-Eating Man

Post by 1after2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 am

Hi Jo,
yes I did, and basically they confirmed Max' words, and also your post of Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 pm, which recapitulated the essence of my problem.
Still I have a hard time understanding this in some (extreme) cases, I think even a true, honest statement of guilt, remorse will then not be able to wash away the cruelties.
E.g. in case of Nazi crimes, but also this one : http://forum.cityboy.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3095

In general, in daily life, I fully agree with Max' statement
"It is anyway such a burden to carry resentment or bitterness or anger or unforgiveness around with us."
But there will always be exceptions to that too I'm afraid.

So : yes, I can see your point better now, but I do not fully endorse it yet, only partial :wink:
The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience