The photo thread

Music is not everything...
Laurelei
Generalissima

Re: The photo thread

Post by Laurelei » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Al, the cat is a lovely shot. You can just about read her mind. And I like that boulder in fall, too. Now we need a spring and summer shot to round out the year.
Too damn hard...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Woo hoo, a really good thing happened to this wannabe photographer. Three of my pictures were printed in an special advertising section of Philadelphia Magazine. If I can get my scanner up and running, I'll post them. First time I've ever had anything in print. Per, you won't belive this, but I was struck speechless when I saw them!

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

PerG
Heavyweight

Post by PerG » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Laurelei wrote:I was struck speechless when I saw them!

Jo 8)

NO WAY!! :))

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing the pics! :cheers:

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 pm

PerG wrote:
Laurelei wrote:I was struck speechless when I saw them!
Jo 8)

NO WAY!! :))
I know it's hard to belive, but it's true. I sort of looked like this :shock: when I saw it!

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Laurelei wrote:Woo hoo, a really good thing happened to this wannabe photographer. Three of my pictures were printed in an special advertising section of Philadelphia Magazine. If I can get my scanner up and running, I'll post them. First time I've ever had anything in print. Per, you won't belive this, but I was struck speechless when I saw them!

Jo 8)

Very nice Jo :mrgreen:
We must see them!
Do what you do, do well :uhhuh:

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Laurelei wrote:Al, the cat is a lovely shot. You can just about read her mind. And I like that boulder in fall, too. Now we need a spring and summer shot to round out the year.

I rescued (saved?) that cat when he was just a kitten. Somebody dumped him and he showed up at work on a cold, snowy December morning in 2001. I fed him some of my spaghetti from my lunch and he lapped it up, shaking and shivering from hunger and cold.

When I was leaving to go home from work, he followed me to my car. I felt I couldn't leave him alone in the cold all weekend, so I let him in the car, thinking it was temporary :wink:

When he made it into the house, Debbie named him Bailey, after one of her Boyd's bears in her collection. She thought he needed a middle name, so I came up with Thomas as I thought Bailey Thomas had a nice ring to it.

PerG
Heavyweight

Post by PerG » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 am

These Grappa glasses were my X-mas presents. Here photographed in a mini photo studio (also a xmas gift, btw :D ):

bertrand
Mr Shoes

Post by bertrand » Wed May 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Well,I m into "collage art" for a long time..If you wanna see some of my works ,you can take a look at my webpage :wink:
http://bertrandathouel.aliceblogs.fr/
--------------------------
I've seen that movie too

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Oh Bertrand, forgive me...I forget this site is here and don't check in very often. You do such interestingl work. I particularly liked the keyhole pieces, and Strawberry Fields Forever. What talented people we have hanging around here!

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:41 pm

bertrand wrote:Well,I m into "collage art" for a long time..If you wanna see some of my works ,you can take a look at my webpage :wink:
http://bertrandathouel.aliceblogs.fr/

bertrand, your art is amazing. I opened this section to check which photos I've put here and now I feel humbled. The work you are doing is great.

PerG
Heavyweight

Post by PerG » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:44 am

Yesterday evening...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Wow, that is breath taking!

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Since some of you on this forum are interested in photography I thought I could add these two articles about the two oldest photographies preserved. The first is a street-view from Paris taken by the famous Louis Daguerre himself. It's dated 1838. Maybe Bertrand want to see what his capital looked like 173 years ago?

http://www.petapixel.com/2010/10/27/fir ... man-being/

The second is from 1839 and is the oldest photographic self-portrait preserved. It is taken in Philadelphia by a man named Robert Cornelius. I hope you will enjoy them.

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/07/19/the ... ever-made/
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 am

Nice one, Robin.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Laurelei wrote:Nice one, Robin.

Jo 8)

You're welcome. It's hard to tell how old Cornelius was at the time. Looks like somewhere between 30 and 40. His parents must have been alive when your country gained independence, when the french revolution happened and during the Napoleonic wars. But just to think the photo is nearly 200 years old is quite amazing.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling