38%
Fall
50%

Total votes: 8

al
Heavyweight

Favorite season; winter?

Post by al » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:31 pm

I've noticed I haven't posted in awhile- I don't seem to have anything worthwhile to add to anybody's comments anymore- so therefore I am making this, almost useless post, just to remain active somehow!

Now that cold weather is upon us, I ask the question; which season is your favorite?

For me, I have to say that fall is my favorite. I like the colorful trees and the relief of cooler temperatures after a long, hot summer. I enjoy many of the fall activities too, at least the kind we have around here in Ohio.
Last edited by al on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1after2
Car-Eating Man

Post by 1after2 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:03 am

Yeah I like fall too, special atmosphere, very cosy.
Second comes summer, beer&barbecue, outdoor life in all its aspects.
Third, but still nice, is spring.
Fourth, not nice at all (except christmas and new year), is winter....

Nice topic Al, not as useless as you think it is. It makes me reminding the good things in life !

cheers
Piet
The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:16 am

My favourite is fall too, no doubt, with September as my special favourite month.
... and out!

Froggy
Car-Eating Man

Post by Froggy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:58 am

Summer....I miss California, I know they had a lot of snow there this year but Im having a really hard time adjusting back to European weather. 5 months of snow here now....it was still snowing a few days ago but it doesnt stick now, everywhere just turns to mud. Luckily I escaped it to Tenerife for a couple of months, the weather there was okay, not warm enough to wear CA attire but I didnt need a jacket or coat most of the time.

Okay rant over !!!

Why do I love summer? I hate wearing piles of clothes, I feel claustrophobic if I wear more than one layer....less is better and Im comfiest in shorts and a vest (thats a US vest not a UK vest) or at the most jeans and a little t-shirt/vest with a well matched thin jacket....and of course shoes that match.....I feel like I have zero fashion sense any more because all I wear is jeans a size too big so I can fit the thermal long johns on under them, who cares what the t-shirt looks like because its hidden under a sweatshirt and then a fleece.....and despite the fact that Ive got at least 40 pairs of shoes and 10 pairs of boots only 2 pairs of shoes are appropriate for this weather and ALL of my boots either have heels to big to walk in the snow, mud and rain in or act like ice skates......and as for my thongs....well really...what IS the point :evil: Do you know how many polo neck sweaters people bought me this Christmas and last :shock: I have a cupboard full but I cant wear them because I feel like Im suffocating. I go shopping for clothes and I think I must be like really ill or something I DONT ENJOY SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES ANYMORE !!! :shock: This is NOT normal !!!

Hows that song go....

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
Ive been for a walk (with my dog)
On a winters day
Id be nice a warm
If I was in LA
California dreamin'............

Okay...rant over...again :oops:

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Ok, what's the difference between a US vest and a UK vest?

I like layers of clothes. I don't like summer clothes and most especially, I don't like to go in the sun anymore because I fear skin cancer these days with the depleted ozone layer.

However, perhaps due to age, I am having a difficult time with cold temperatures anymore. It never used to be this way, but now I need some warmth! Thank goodness it was 70 F today!

I need to live where it is between 50 & 75 all year long. Not too hot. Not too cold.

stiffanbond
Momma's Boy

Re: Favorite season; winter?

Post by stiffanbond » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 am

My favourite is winter. i love the Christmas season, where 'jingle bells' can be heard on the street, presents are shared and another new year is beginning. its a truly joyous and wonderful time for me.

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:09 pm

stiffanbond wrote:My favourite is winter. i love the Christmas season, where 'jingle bells' can be heard on the street, presents are shared and another new year is beginning. its a truly joyous and wonderful time for me.

I like your perspective on the winter season :D

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Has the poll been closed?
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:22 am

Yes, I am sorry but I originally posted in 5 years ago! Maybe we need a new poll?

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 am

Sure. My fav season is autumn anyway. Especially so called indian summers. It's still pretty warm but the colours is typically of the fall. I love the colour scheme of that season. But I have to admit all seasons has it charms and their special colour schemes. The first part of spring is pretty bring. It is not until the blooming gets started it gets beautiful. Summer is a variation of that theme only more colourful and bright. Winter can be pretty long and cold and I really hate it when it is cold, windy and damp and grey. But a still winterday when the snowflakes are falling slowly to the ground lit by the street lights and the moon and the clear starry sky is immensely beautiful too.

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Guess what? There is an option to re-open a poll, so I did just that! And...it runs indefinitely.

Autumn is my favorite season also, but you made me curious about something else. You mentioned Indian summer. I didn't realize you would even know the term in Sweden!

I always thought it referred to American Indians?

Maybe India Indians? I'm joking!

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Seems like I have voted before because I can't do it now. I don't remember it though but that is probably because I'm not in this section as much. Indian summer is called britt-sommar in swedish. I have no idea why it's called that. I might check out with wikipedia later if I don't forget about it.

- Rod Serling

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:44 pm

check to see if you can vote now as I made a couple more changes.
My post shows that I can vote again, but I'm sure I must have voted before.
Indian summer follows Squaw winter. What is that called in Sweden?!!
The seasons in Sweden are nearly the same as in Ohio. I just realized that I never took into account somebody living in say, Spain for example, or Florida, not to mention South America. That could really make a mess of the poll results :uhhuh:

malinhardly
Momma's Boy

Post by malinhardly » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 am

My first reason to believe that winter is my favorite season, is that when snow covers much of everything. The trees and the ground is covered with snow. I can go out side and snowmen and snow women, which is decorated with all sorts of things, like the hats, gloves, bats.