Dennis Coulson CD

Discussions about Gallagher & Lyle

Moderator: rito

EDDIE
Momma's Boy

Dennis Coulson CD

Post by EDDIE » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:18 pm

I have just bought a copy of the Dennis Coulson album on CD from Japan. This has the original cover in a CD format. This record was co-produced by G&L with 5 songs by G&L of which only SS Man was recorded by G&L. They also played on the album along with Jimmy Jewell and Paul Rutherford; Bruce Rowlands; Hughie Flint; Ian Stewart (Stones fame). Comparisons are G&L from this period (1973) and the 2nd album by McGuinness Flint.

If you are interested go on www.neolithrecords.com/home - find Manfred Mann and the DC album is at the bottom of the list along with Coulson Dean McGuinness Flint's album of Dylan covers.

Never thought I'd see this on CD...................
EDDIE

James T

Post by James T » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:53 am

Just ordered this today, Eddie. How long did it take to arrive in the UK?

EDDIE
Momma's Boy

Post by EDDIE » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 am

A matter of a few days. I'll be interested in what you think after a few plays.
EDDIE

James T

Post by James T » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:52 pm

I'm really intrigued, Coulson had a phenomenal voice. Listening to the brilliant Lo and Behold album at the moment! I'll let you know what I think about the album. :o

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi Eddie, received the album within five days - astounding service from Japan! It is really a superb album, really fine songs and Dennis in fine voice throughout. Very like McG Flint in style which aint a bad thing!

James T

Post by James T » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:18 pm

It was me who posted the previous message - forgot to add my name silly bugger that I am!

stevebaz
Momma's Boy

Re: Dennis Coulson CD

Post by stevebaz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:34 pm

I read that there is a CD of Dennios Coulsons LP Dennis Coulson. I would like like to get hold of the CD. I know that the post was some time ago and it appears that the CD is not on the Japanese site. So can anyone tell me any other place that will stock it.

Stevebaz AKA Stephen Hill