Of a Moment

Discussions about Gallagher & Lyle

Moderator: rito

Old fan

Of a Moment

Post by Old fan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:15 pm

Hi -new to the board but a long time fan and good to find a source of info and news about G&L.

I am trying to get to listen to 'Of a moment' a track from G&L first album.

This doesnt appear on the abridged Capitol release 'Gallagher and Lyle'(10 tracks)that I have just tracked down from a dealer in the States and I am intrigued to hear this 'missing' track from my collection. (The other missing track Desiderata I have tracked down on a Warwick 1980's compiltion album so it is just 'of a moment ' I am trying to locate).

How does this song go ? Is it soft/rocky? Does anyone have an Mp3 they could make available?

JohnCNZ

Of A Moment

Post by JohnCNZ » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:56 am

Hi there Old Fan.

"Of A Moment" is little more than a fragment, weighing in at about 75 seconds. Overall sound and tempo are very similar to "David, Charlie and Ian" - Benny and Graham sing throughout in harmony, with accompaniment from guitar and mandolin. The mood though is closer to that of "Greenfingers" - rueing time lost, missed opportunities, etc.

Words go as follows:

Each moment passes in time
Bringing thoughts, words, warming the heart with some memories.
How I wish I could turn candles back
Just to light dark corners again.

On the friends and the plans,
Thoughts and words I've left unsaid.
Some mistakes educate;
Old ones hold you down.

[Mandolin break]

God knows we all have our flaws,
And it's hard times, constantly mocked by your memory.
I suppose it's the price we must pay
If a man would be his own man.

[Ends]

[email protected]

Of A Moment

Post by [email protected] » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:20 am

Hi there,

I have the A & M album with all 12 tracks on it, including Of A Moment and Desiderata, which are missing from the album you have.I could give you a copy of the whole album if you like if you give me your address(free of charge)in cd format.Please e-mail me at [email protected]