CB goes to Mars

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

al
Heavyweight

CB goes to Mars

Post by al » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:39 pm

I would first of all like to thank DaDrew for the CB CDs he burned for me. I had never heard the band's live performances before, nor had I ever heard the It's Personal album, and I've been a fan since 1977. Thanks again, DaDrew! <P>I spent the day at work today with various CB songs going through my head and then I began to ponder a science fiction scenario:<P>If we had the opportunity to travel into deep space, to some far off planet and visit unknown aliens and we could only take one album with us - CB of course- and tell them this is the music of the great band City Boy, which album would you take? <P>For me it would most likely be Book Early. I think that album had some of the best melody I have ever heard. I also believe it has the most mass-market appeal of all the CB albums and it has the one song that no City Boy fan has failed to brag about; Cigarettes!<P>Which album do you think would be the best to take to the aliens to brag about?

Timmy Brownfield
Narcissus

Re: CB goes to Mars

Post by Timmy Brownfield » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:07 am

:) CITY BOY / CITY BOY<P>I'd like the martians to know where I (we) come from.<P>I'd have them listen to "sunset boulevard", "the greatest story ever told". For thier insite on lurid, etc., human behavior. "Haymaking time". So they might understand that - we come in peace.I'd like them to know the truth. We have problems, but we have "(moonlight)shake my head and leave".<P> :) :) I would not play "the day the earth caught fire" LP! I think they would freak! That is, if they speak and understand English. assuming they could understand.
No second-rate third party to complicate our lives<P>Strictly first-class being here with you<P>lyrics used by kind permission of Max Thomas's "Begining to end" project

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:41 am

!
Last edited by al on Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Da Drew>

Post by <Da Drew> » Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:03 pm

Al,<P>You`re Welcome.Please play the Live cds VERY LOUD!Especially in the car!<P>Drewness

<Dave.>

Post by <Dave.> » Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:42 pm

Beam me up Scotty!

<DaDrew>

Post by <DaDrew> » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:22 pm

Al,the package arrived today! And a bonus! I was wondering what that cd sounded like? They`ll be in the car cd player tomorrow...<P><BR>Drewness