fear of reprisal

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

al
Heavyweight

fear of reprisal

Post by al » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:13 pm

I may be walking the plank on this topic, but here goes. <BR> <BR>In the early 90s, while in search of new music and feeling left out in the cold by the demise of the great bands of the 70s I grew up with, I stumbled upon a new-to-me genre of music popularly known as 'country' music here in the land of the free. <P> It turns out that in the early 90s, country music was going through a bit of a renaissance, that sadly ended up being short-lived. But I did discover some very good music and great guitar playing in country music at the time. <P>One that quickly comes to mind is Dwight Yoakam's lead quitarist, Pete Anderson. I have to respect the work he and many others have done, regardless of the genre of music at hand. <P>Listen to 'Long White Cadillac' and 'Little Sister,' the latter song written by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman, though most know having been recorded by Elvis Presley.<P>Country got me through a dry spell ten years ago. It is not the same now, having rediscovered its roots, but there is certainly some worthy music and musicians there.<P>If I have offended, I appologize. Sometimes though, jewels may be discovered in the roughest of the rough.

man who ate his car
Doctor Doctor

Re: fear of reprisal

Post by man who ate his car » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:56 am

Hey Al,<BR>I'm not really a country music fan, but I always appreciate a good song when I hear it, regardless of style. I prefer the older country music of the 60's & 70's as opposed to the modern stuff. One of my favorite country tunes is a song from '73 done by Roy Clark. It's called "Come Live With Me." Some folks might think it's a little on the sappy side, but it really is a beautiful song. I played it for my ladyfriend, and she loved it! :D <P>Come live with me, and be my love, share my bread and wine......
Munched his way to a million hearts as he ate the tires and the spare parts.

Joe
Narcissus

Re: fear of reprisal

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee G:<BR><STRONG>Hey Al,<BR>I'm not really a country music fan, but I always appreciate a good song when I hear it, regardless of style. I prefer the older country music of the 60's & 70's as opposed to the modern stuff. One of my favorite country tunes is a song from '73 done by Roy Clark. It's called "Come Live With Me." Some folks might think it's a little on the sappy side, but it really is a beautiful song. I played it for my ladyfriend, and she loved it! :D <P>Come live with me, and be my love, share my bread and wine......</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>yea true roy clark what an incredible guitarist, man he can play anything with strings...