City Boy recorded music

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

al
Heavyweight

City Boy recorded music

Post by al » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:12 pm

Does anybody know where I can obtain albums/CDs/tapes of CB's music beyond 'The Day The Earth Caught Fire?' I have everything from that album back...but I want MORE! How about a City Boy revival!

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Re: City Boy recorded music

Post by cockatootoo » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:54 pm

Songsearch lists all the CDs (except for "It's Personal") including the Anthology - most are pricey Japanese imports. It sounds like "Heads Are Rolling" is the only one you're missing besides IP. There's also some rareties and live stuff that have trickled down through this site - I, or someone else, would surely make a copy of them for you.<P>BTW, Songsearch also lists a CD named "Original Sound Track" (with no track list) by City Boy... anybody have a clue as to what that is all about??

<Alex>

Post by <Alex> » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:47 pm

I have extra copies of Heads Are Rolling on LP. Canadian Pressings, VG++ shape for $2.00 US. Now the bad news, shipping to US is $5.00, sorry, but we have no such thing as Book Rate here in Canada.<BR>My e-mail is [email protected]<P>By the way, can anyone tell me why I still can't log in?? Ever since it went down about a week ago, i log in & it says i'm logged in but when it takes me back to the next page it says "YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN"???

<DaDrew>

Post by <DaDrew> » Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:34 am

Al,if you are patient and check e-bay every week or so,Heads are Rolling does pop up from time to time.It`s the cd release on Bear Tracks.The problem is that it usually sells for about $20 + shipping.Still it`s nice to have it on cd.As for IP,I`ll burn you a copy in trade for something-Drew

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:07 am

Drew,<BR>No problem, I'll gladly burn something in trade for IP-burn. I don't have a heck of a lot on CD though, mostly 70s i.e. Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, ELO...Let me know. <BR>Al

<djwheels>

Post by <djwheels> » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:14 pm

Drew,<P>I can't believe what I'm seeing here !! I've been a fan of City Boy since '81 but I thought I had everything they did. I just recently thought to look on-line for CB info and found out that Steelhouse Lane exists... I guess I need to do more research ! Now I see there is another CITY BOY recording called "IT'S PERSONAL". I'll do a burn trade with you if you would be open to it. What would you be interested in ?<P>Dan<BR>San Jose, CA<BR>[email protected]