cb and elo

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

bertrand
Mr Shoes

cb and elo

Post by bertrand » Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:20 pm

Hi<BR>I was listening to Elo's "can't get it out of my head" on yesterday<BR>Did you notice that cb'"new york times" get similar strings arrangement?both songs really end just the same way <BR>Both are superb songs anyway ;)
--------------------------
I've seen that movie too

Joe
Narcissus

Re: cb and elo

Post by Joe » Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bertrand:<BR><STRONG>Hi<BR>I was listening to Elo's "can't get it out of my head" on yesterday<BR>Did you notice that cb'"new york times" get similar strings arrangement?both songs really end just the same way <BR>Both are superb songs anyway ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>it's those e.l.o. harmonies that would fit right in with city boy's like evil woman, of course lazin on a sunday afternoo = queen fits right in there with city boy... hearing the viloin, now think one summer dream my favorite e.l.o. song do ya that would be really great... night in the city wow .....

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:05 pm

Funny you should notice the CB/ELO similarities! It just so happens that both CB and ELO are two of my all-time favorites. ELO since 1976 and CB since 1978. I've been waiting for great music to make a comeback; I know... the sun is going to burn out before there is a return of well-written music again.<P>ELO's KUIAMA!!<BR>CB's 5000 YEARS/DON'T KNOW CAN'T TELL!!

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by al:<BR><STRONG>I know... the sun is going to burn out before there is a return of well-written music again.<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Al,<P>Try a band called A.C.T. - they are a Swedish(?) band with 2 CDs released "Today's Report" and "Imaginary Friends" - they bring the CB/ELO/Queen thing bang up to date. <P>Also, read back through some of the posts on this board - the folks here have introduced me to some great music!<P>Andy H.<P>n.p. Aimee Mann - Bachelor no 2
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:49 am

Thanks for the info, Andy, I'll check out your suggestion. In case you may not of heard the CD yet, check out ELO's 'ZOOM' CD from 2001. Great music! Jeff Lynne had to cancel the tour here in the U.S. last year because there was't enough interest. Guess everybody wants Hip Hop music.

<DaDrew>

Post by <DaDrew> » Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:31 am

I`ve always liked ELO! I still can`t believe that they were taken to court regarding a concert they did here at The Silverdome back in the 80`s.They were accused of playing sections of tape instead of playing live!<P>If that`s the case,Janet,Brittany and everyone else who dances non-stop during their show while claiming to sing should suffer as well.