City Boy on YouTube

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

City Boy on YouTube

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:44 pm

For years there have been a lot of stuff on YT. But recently they have started to disappear one after another. Anyone has any idea what is going on? Same old copyright infringement shit that has been going on for years and years? I don't understand how this could even count as piracy as it is hard to profit on other peoples work on YT. I've always seen YT as a great way of spreading great music around. I haven't earned a dime - ever. Internet is just getting more boring thanks to corporate greed.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy

Re: City Boy on YouTube

Post by CatInAFlat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:26 pm

What,City Boy stuff has disappeared, or other stuff in general Robin?

I know I have often compiled playlists for things like zumba and then when I have run it, a number of the videos have vanished.

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Re: City Boy on YouTube

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:27 pm

I usually take the chance to plug one of my favourite bands of all time. As long as there is one of two videos still I can always post one of those, although it might not be any of my favourite songs. But when that door also has been closed, I can just mention their name. Nothing else. But nothing is as effective as posting a snippet out of their back catalogue however. Without videos I have to describe them with words instead. Maybe compare them to ELO and Uriah Heep perhaps. But that is not the same thing as giving out an example of how they really sounded like. So far internet has been great and YouTube in general to discover both old and new music, That is how I see it and I'm convinced that all this copyright infringement and intellectual property bullshit is to blame. I can agree that all this stuff about downloading stuff is illegal. It probably started with Napster and continued with Pirate Bay and others. But YouTube is not about downloading but streaming and streaming is not illegal. At least not yet. As I said before, I haven't earned a nickle or dime on any of it and I doubt anyone else had either. People upload their favourite music. What's the harm in that? I see it more like free advertisments. We don't steal anyones money really. It's just ridicolous. My point is that the artists loose money because of sites like Pirate Bay, not YouTube. Could be interesting to debate the whole issue at least.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling