RIP Glenn Frey & Dale Griffin

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

RIP Glenn Frey & Dale Griffin

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Both musicians dead at age 67.

Glenn Frey, co-founder and guitarist for the Eagles, has died ... TMZ has learned.
We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.
Frey had been battling intestinal issues for months and had surgery in November. We're told in the last few days his condition took a turn for the worse. He died in New York City.
Glenn co-wrote and sang on most of the Eagles hits, including "Take It Easy," "Tequila Sunrise," "Lyin' Eyes," and "Heartache Tonight," to name a few. He also co-wrote "Hotel California" and "Desperado" with Don Henley and took home 6 Grammys with the band.
After the Eagles' 1980 breakup, Glenn launched a successful solo career, recording numerous hits ... most notably "The Heat Is On" and "You Belong to the City."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/18/glenn-fre ... z3xdwpZfXT

Mott the Hoople drummer Dale Griffin has died, aged 67, after suffering from Alzheimer’s for several years. He died in his sleep on Sunday night, according to Mott’s manager, Peter Purnell.

“Dale was a nice, well-spoken man and a brilliant drummer, it’s unbelievable that he’s gone,” Mott keyboard player Verden Allen told the Hereford Times. “I suppose in some ways it’s a release for him now – he had suffered for many years.”

Mott the Hoople: The dudes abide
Read more
Griffin, who was nicknamed “Buffin” while in Mott the Hoople, was an ever-present in the group, from 1969 until they split in 1976.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/j ... es-aged-67
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

bertrand
Mr Shoes

Re: RIP Glenn Frey & Dale Griffin

Post by bertrand » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 am

What an awful start for 2016..Mott made a great rendition of Bowie's "All the young dudes"
And Frey was a great musician and guitar player... :cry:
--------------------------
I've seen that movie too

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Amazing how many topic titles beginning RIP.

I am saddened by the loss of Glenn Frey.

I've been a fan of the Eagles since probably about 1973 and I would include Hotel California among the greatest albums ever made.

Funny thing is I got into the Eagles heavily around mid december, studying the lineup changes and researching the band.
I have the 2005 Australian concert dvd and watched it over and over through Christmas and into january.

And then Glenn died. What a loss.

A few weeks ago Randy Meisner's wife died of a gunshot wound at home.

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:20 am

The post above is the latest from Al........! :(

Anyone know about his whereabouts?

Al?

Thank You