Baal

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Baal

Post by cockatootoo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Someone here sent me a Baal comp CD a long time ago - really feel bad that I don't recall who... anyway I have periodically tried to find some of their CDs and have never found any.

Does anyone know where/how I can find some CDs by Baal? Been listening to the comp a lot lately and it is so good I really want to find more of their music!

HELP

al
Heavyweight

Re: Baal

Post by al » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:31 am

Last edited by al on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:00 am

Hey Al, that would be great! I've scoured the internet (not exhaustively probably...) and can't find much about them or their CDs.

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:21 am

I know what you mean about the Baal compilation disc. I was stuck on that one for a long time back when I first got it.

In fact there were a few other bands Andy introduced me to at the time and I recall listening to them all quite often and I even got a bunch of rooms painted in my house while playing them many times over.

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:52 am

I usually put it on a couple times a year (plus I hear a few of the songs occasionally on my Ipod) and I like it more each time. Recently got into a lot and would really like to hear more of them. Wish I knew where to find there CDs?

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:52 am

I usually put it on a couple times a year (plus I hear a few of the songs occasionally on my Ipod) and I like it more each time. Recently got into a lot and would really like to hear more of them. Wish I knew where to find there CDs?

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:32 pm

I am not an expert in making online purchases but I did find this site. http://cdon.eu/search?category=1&q=Baal

Being a Danish band this seemed like a logical place to look, but prices are in Euros. It is at least a place to start to gather information I suppose.

From what I can see it seems they haven't done too much in the past 6 years.

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 pm

thanks Al, I'll check that out. I would have sworn I looked there before, because I bought some stuff from them back in the day. Must not have looked recently or just missed it. thanks.

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:39 am

Hey Al, just got the "supreme machine" CD that you sent. Many thanks!

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi Matt

You are welcome. I think it is a good one and I'm sure you will like it.

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi guys,

Haven't been on the site for a while, and then I see this thread! Hope you're all doing well.

Funnily enough, hadn't heard much from Baal until recently their Facebook page went active again. I think they're in the studio right now. It would be great to hear some new music from them.

After "The Supreme Machine", they recorded two other albums "Do You Come With Special Features" and "Behind Your Echoes". DYCWSF didn't grab me so much (but must listen to it again), but Behind Your Echoes was really good, and reminiscent of "Funtex", my favourite Baal album. I listened to this only last week.

CDON is where I usually go for my Scandanavian CDs, it a reliable site. The CDs are quite hard to come by otherwise - try GEMM or Discogs. On Discogs, the band is BAAL (3) .

Otherwise, try contacting the band directly - I've a couple of their self-released theatrical CDs that way. They're a really great bunch of guys.

There's also a good selection on iTunes, but be careful, there's a couple of bands called Baal and the releases are mixed up.

Matt - I still listen to the In A Cage stuff you sent me. Are you doing much yourself recently?

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:38 am

thanks for all the info Andy, much appreciated.