20th anniversary, will there be one?

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

20th anniversary, will there be one?

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Since I didn't became aware of the forums age until last year when Jo posted about it, it occured to me it will soon celebrate 20 years online! Which is quite amazing in it's own right. Would be fun to celebrate it in one way or another, don't you think? :cheers:
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

1after2
Car-Eating Man

Re: 20th anniversary, will there be one?

Post by 1after2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 pm

A big get-together would be nice.... Finally meeting each other in real time..... :cheers:
The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:52 am

Robin_Shadowes wrote:Since I didn't became aware of the forums age until last year when Jo posted about it, it occured to me it will soon celebrate 20 years online! Which is quite amazing in it's own right. Would be fun to celebrate it in one way or another, don't you think? :cheers:
It seems I've missed Jo's post. I have always been under the impression the first year was approx. '98. What was the inception date?

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 am

1after2 wrote:A big get-together would be nice.... Finally meeting each other in real time..... :cheers:
That is the best idea I've heard in years.

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:11 am

Hi Robin,

Could you point me to what I posted? I can't remember.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:18 am

I we are coming up on 20 years, may I suggest a meeting/fest, like maybe, The 20 Years Have Come And Gone Meetup. Or the Greatest Meetup Ever Held. Or Meetup At The Ritz. I'm sure I'm missing some but those sprang to mind.

If we hold it in NY or Philadelphia, maybe we could get Steve or Chris to attend. Or better still, if it's in the UK, Max...Roy...would you come???

Jo 8)

PS I looked it up. October 18, 1995. That's the day Thomas signed on. I guess that would be day one, so our anniversary would be coming up in October 2015.
Last edited by Laurelei on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too damn hard...

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Laurelei wrote:I we are coming up on 20 years, may I suggest a meeting/fest, like maybe, The 20 Years Have Come And Gone Meetup. Or the Greatest Meetup Ever Held. Or Meetup At The Ritz. I'm sure I'm missing some but those sprang to mind.

If we hold it in NY or Philadelphia, maybe we could get Steve or Chris to attend. Or better still, if it's in the UK, Max...Roy...would you come???

Jo 8)

PS I looked it up. October 18, 1995. That's the day Thomas signed on. I guess that would be day one, so our anniversary would be coming up in October 2015.
I have to admit my mind plays tricks on me as I thought it was 94. Well, it is still old in cyber space though. :))
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

Germain
Hap-ki-do kid

Post by Germain » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Oooo!! This sounds great! I would love to attend. What fun to put faces to the names!!
And I would love an excuse to travel to the U.K. again. Jo, we could go together this time.
NY would be great too and of course Philadelphia would be very convenient.

Let's make it happen!

Germain