If we had a past life!!!!

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Post Reply
User avatar
cdtheduck
Band Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am

If we had a past life!!!!

Post by cdtheduck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 pm

New subject, guys & gals!

What if reincarnation was for real and we all had a past life!!??,,....by the way...he wasn't a drummer back then!!

Let's start with this........

Perhaps this might have been Roy???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w3X95uWv8A

Wackly quackly!!

User avatar
cdtheduck
Band Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by cdtheduck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

And, I guess, this would probably be me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1t1iFmsv0

Spank me!

User avatar
Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 pm

I have experienced past-life regressions so I believe in it. And I would be happy to do it again if I get the chance. I wasn't anybody famous if that is what you are wondering. Not to say I haven't been any but I don't know that yet although I have my suspicions in some cases. I even tried some computer programme some years ago but I didn't like it. I prefer to be guided by a live therapist but the regression that had most impact on me was a guiding via a recorded cassette tape, ironically enough. It's not dangerous if you wonder about it. You don't even have to believe in it to do it. Most people get some relief out of it whether they believe in it or not.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by Laurelei » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:20 am

cdtheduck wrote:And, I guess, this would probably be me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1t1iFmsv0

Spank me!
Benny Hill? Gee, I would have guessed more this...

Image
Too damn hard...

syzygy
Momma's Boy
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:52 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by syzygy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:29 am

Frankly, I find the whole concept absurd.

Suppose there was some person X who lived some time ago... You don't have any memories of his life, have a different character, status, perhaps even sex... Thenwhat's your link to that person? What makes you say you are the "same" as he was?

The simple fact that we don't take anything from our presumed previous lifes with us (except perhaps for dubious "regression memories") makes the concept a contradiction in itself.

But then, I may be too much of a physicist for the whole thing... Probably I was a sceptic in an earlier life. :wink:

syzygy

User avatar
bertrand
Mr Shoes
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:01 am
Location: L Isle- Adam France
Contact:

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by bertrand » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:53 am

Hi Robin
Could you tell more about that?
Image
--------------------------
I've seen that movie too

User avatar
cdtheduck
Band Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by cdtheduck » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Laurelei wrote:
cdtheduck wrote:And, I guess, this would probably be me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1t1iFmsv0

Spank me!
Benny Hill? Gee, I would have guessed more this...

Image


Nice! Is that "DevilDuck" or "ManicQuacker" or "BastardBeak" or maybe you would prefer "DuckUnplucked" (or even plucked!!).....at least I'm not asking you to "toss some bread at me" !!!

The inimatable "about to be smacked" quacker!!

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by Laurelei » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:42 am

cdtheduck wrote:Nice! Is that "DevilDuck" or "ManicQuacker" or "BastardBeak" or maybe you would prefer "DuckUnplucked" (or even plucked!!).....at least I'm not asking you to "toss some bread at me" !!!

The inimatable "about to be smacked" quacker!!
Actually, I think my search parameter was "evil duck".

Jo
Too damn hard...

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by Laurelei » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:25 am

On a more serious note, since Chris brought the subject up, what do any think about reincarnation? I'm not a believer, but I'd like to hear if you are or are not, and why. This IS a bit off topic for us, but we've never been strict rule keepers here :wink:, and I'm sure we could torture it back into line with a few appropriate song references (Don't Fear The Reaper; Eternal Caravan Of Reincarnation; Life After Death, etc.).

Jo
Too damn hard...

User avatar
Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm a believer. I have been interested in fringe topics since early childhood. Thus it has always been interesting to read about such things. Of course there is not 100% proof but however, there are a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest it is real. Here's some things about Dr Ian Stevenson from Wikipedia:

Stevenson traveled extensively to conduct field research into reincarnation and investigated cases in Africa, Alaska, Europe, India and both North and South America, logging around 55,000 miles a year between 1966 and 1971.[2] He reported that the children he studied usually started to speak of their supposed past lives between the ages of two and four, then ceased to do so by seven or eight, with frequent mentions of having died a violent death, and what seemed to be clear memories of the manner of death.[2] After interviewing the children, their families, and others, Stevenson would attempt to identify if there had been a living person who satisfied the various claims and descriptions collected, and who had died prior to the child's birth.
Stevenson's research is associated with a 'minimalist' model of reincarnation that makes no religious claims. According to Robert Almeder, the central feature of this model is that "There is something essential to some human personalities, however we ultimately characterize it, which we cannot plausibly construe solely in terms of either brain states, or properties of brain states, or biological properties caused by the brain and, further, after biological death this non-reducible essential trait sometimes persists for some time, in some way, in some place, and for some reason or other, existing independently of the person's former brain and body. Moreover, after some time, some of these irreducible essential traits of human personality, for some reason or other, and by some mechanism or other, come to reside in other human bodies either some time during the gestation period, at birth, or shortly after birth."[15]
Stevenson believed the strongest cases he had collected in support of this model involved both testimony and physical evidence. In over 40 of these cases Stevenson gathered physical evidence relating to the often rare and unusual birthmarks and birth defects of children which he claimed matched wounds recorded in the medical or post-mortem records for the individual Stevenson identified as the past-life personality.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson

In the mid-90's there was this case of a british school-teacher who remembered a past life on Ireland. Her name eludes me at the moment but it caused some attention at the time and she wrote at least two books about it. At the time several of her former children where still alive. As they where catholics they didn't believe in the concept of reincarnation but they all thought it was odd that this strange lady knew so much about their family and especially about their mother as they where not famous in any way it seemed very unlikely she could have read about it. There was one exception though, one of the elderly men actually believed her. She had a special memory she couldn't explain. One of the boys always came down to the piers to meet her. She had a job where she had to travel by boat and these two where specially close to each other. It's small things like that, it never gets written down so how can someone entirely different person decades away know things like that? Of the more recent cases there is one of a young american boy who remember a life as fighter pilot in WWII. I don't remember his name either but I might try to find some more information about them later.

Here in Sweden we have the strange case of Denis Lindbohm who spontaneously remember his previous life as his mothers younger sister who died at age 4. He was only 18 months old when he started to remember it. This happened 80 years ago. Some thirty years before Dr Stevenson started to investigate such phenomena. This was way before the internet and New Age. Eastern faiths where not widely known back then. Not like today. However, by chance his mother had happened to work as a maid for two elderly sisters who told her about reincarnation and other far eastern faiths. She was a practicing christian as was his grand parents. Because of that his grand parents was disturbed by his claims. However, with his mother it was a different thing all together, thanks to have previously learned about the concept of reincarnation but not only that, the things he told her did convince her that her little son actually had been her beloved little sister who had died a few years earlier. He knew things about her nobody had told him and couldn't have read about either even if it had been written down which it hadn't. And how many people can read at the age of 1½ years old anyway? Later in life he also remembered a life on alien world in another solar system. Strangely enough he wasn't alone. There was this spanish artist Maria Lombide who could confirm some of his experiences on the same world. She has made some of his book covers too. I've read somewhere that Stevenson knew about him but was sceptic of his claims, mostly because of his off-world memories which obviously was a bit too much for him.

Finally, I haven't forgot about you Bertrand. I will return to answer your question later.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

User avatar
bertrand
Mr Shoes
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:01 am
Location: L Isle- Adam France
Contact:

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by bertrand » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Very interesting Robin,thank you very much.
I suppose there is some connection with what we call "déjà vu"?
Image
--------------------------
I've seen that movie too

User avatar
CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Re: If we had a past life!!!!

Post by CatInAFlat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 am

Robin_Shadowes wrote:I have experienced past-life regressions so I believe in it. And I would be happy to do it again if I get the chance. I wasn't anybody famous if that is what you are wondering. Not to say I haven't been any but I don't know that yet although I have my suspicions in some cases. I even tried some computer programme some years ago but I didn't like it. I prefer to be guided by a live therapist but the regression that had most impact on me was a guiding via a recorded cassette tape, ironically enough. It's not dangerous if you wonder about it. You don't even have to believe in it to do it. Most people get some relief out of it whether they believe in it or not.
Hmmm .......... I tried that last year after reading a book and I apparently was living in the 1700s in a rural area of England - not sure where - and I rebelled against my parents who wanted me to marry a farmer from up the road so I went to town and became a dressmaker. Apart from a weekly stitch club I've never done anything like that in my life!

Still have doubts if I made it all up in my head or not.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest