City Boy: Deadly Delicious!

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

[email protected]
Heavyweight

City Boy: Deadly Delicious!

Post by [email protected] » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:52 am

25 years ago today "TDTECF" was released. To celebrate this anniversary of the band's perhaps finest hour on record, I have made a compilation-CD called "Deadly Delicious", which is based on the Top Ten-poll earlier this year.<BR> <BR>Here's the track listing:<BR> <BR>01. The Day The Earth Caught Fire<BR>02. Walk On The Water<BR>03. Sunset Boulevard<BR>04. State Secrets<BR>05. Up In The Eighties ("God Save The King" removed)<BR>06. Interrupted Melody<BR>07. Cigarettes<BR>08. Dangerous Ground<BR>09. Ambition<BR>10. One After Two<BR>11. Names And Addresses<BR>12. Life On The Balcony<BR> <BR>These are the nine songs with most votes, plus the top favourite songs of "CB", "YMGW" and "IP" - making all seven albums represented. <BR> <BR>I thought it would be cool to create an insert to look like an "official" release by this discussion forum. By permission of Thomas I therefore have included the site logo (the bear surfing round the Globe) and the famous slogan of "another great rito.com production"! I am also very pleased to have a presentation by Max included. Thank you very much again, Thomas and Max!<BR> <BR>I have made 20 copies of this CD. Now, I would very much like to send a copy to everyone. I have the mailing addresses of Al, Andy, Dave, Geir, Per, Peter (in Linköping), Richard and Thomas. The rest of you guys: please email at [email protected] to send me your address. And don't feel strange to ask for a copy - I would be just happy!<P>Also many thanks to Geir for helping me with the track order. A really great order, indeed - tusen takk, Geir! :)<P>The clock will soon turn three (PM) - precisely - where I live, so I better post this now. Oh no, the fire is already coming up through the gutter... :eek:
... and out!

Stefan P.
Car-Eating Man

Re: City Boy: Deadly Delicious!

Post by Stefan P. » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:35 am

Hey hoo Mikael, as you've probably noticed I've already sent you an e-mail requesting the compilation of yours (ours).<P>Thank you so very much in advance for what I know is a job well done ;)
Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing
people who can't talk, for people who can't read.

//Frank Zappa

L.A.Fan
Mr Shoes

Post by L.A.Fan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:09 am

Sounds great Mikael.<BR>I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
Ain't that Rich!

<DJWheels>

Post by <DJWheels> » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:35 pm

This is Great stuff, Mikael !! I like the track order you've put together, and taking into consideration that all 7 albums are represented AND including 9 of our Top 10... FANTASTIC JOB !! I also can't wait to get my hands on a copy !! I'll e-mail you my mailing address.<P>Thanks again !!<P>and a Happy Anniversary to those lucky enough to have been listening to The Day The Earth Caught Fire for the full 25 years. I think I'm very close, but I wasn't at a record store to pick it up on this day 25 yrs ago. It may have been 6 months later that my friend passed me a tape of it ~ but it was my introduction to City Boy and I remember that first listen to this day !! <P>~ Dan<P>NP: Gamma - 4

PerG
Millionaire

Post by PerG » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:47 pm

This sounds interesting! Great work Mikael! :D :D :D

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:22 pm

Fantastisk Mikael......... :D :D :D

peter6604
Narcissus

Post by peter6604 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:26 pm

Hej Mikael!<P>Nice work indeed, can you send me a copy?
Peter from Linkoping, Sweden

Geir
Mr Shoes

Post by Geir » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:32 am

<B>Mikael!</B> :)<P>I'm really happy to hear that you've completed work on the rito.com City Boy collection - it's certainly fair to say that you've put comprehensive effort into this project! As a labour of love inspired by those who truly care about the band's legacy, I'm convinced that there is no better way to hopefully inspire others to delve into the wonderful world of City Boy! :)<P>Also, obviously, it's brilliant that Max got to contribute - he's shown us several times that he cares and respects the site, the forum and those frequent it! ...As such, I'm also thrilled that Thomas R. and rito.com apparently get a namecheck in the CD's artwork - Rito has long since earned that credit! :)<P>Lastly - Mikael, your enthusiasm for the band and this forum, is inspiring! What can I say - way to go, keep being the good guy that you are! :)<P><B>Geir</B> :)<P>PS: Only happy to help - thanks for asking!
...Anyone for tennis? (Or was it Dennis?)

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:42 pm

Hi everyone! I just want to say that I am VERY moved by all response and kindly words!<P>Stefan, Matt, Todd, Dan, Ola (glad to see a new member) and Leo - I have received your emails. Thank you very much.<P>Peter - of course, I will send a copy to you.<P>I will start shipping the CD's next week.
... and out!

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:17 pm

Regarding the artwork of "Deadly Delicious", I don't know how many ideas I have been working on - but it has been really fun (and somewhat frustating to always look for another idea).<P>You will notice that the final one is pretty much inspired by "Book Early", since I always have liked the plain and simple artwork of this album. In fact, I have even used the same typeface (Rockwell). And of course, the metallic logo is included!<P>Hope you will like it!
... and out!

Dave
Doctor Doctor

Post by Dave » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:33 pm

This sounds great Mikael, WELL DONE.....!! and thanks......
Stone me, what a life !

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:50 pm

This is really great of you Mikael! BTW, I'd be glad to pay the "shipping" charge. Or any other way to reciprocate...

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:46 am

Hey Matt, thank you for your offer. Stefan S also offered to pay for the shipment, but I feel I should send the CD for free to everyone.
... and out!

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:00 pm

Mikael,<P>Just to echo the thoughts of the other guys here - thank you so much for your work in getting this compilation together, I'm really looking forward to hearing it!<P>Best wishes,<P>Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

jam
Doctor Doctor

Post by jam » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:25 pm

Hi all,<P>I registered just a couple of weeks ago (all-time member #300, eh) and have spent the meantime skimming through the board. I am amazed by finding such a wealth of info and such a courteous and caring bunch in here. The testimonies to the value of this board by so many of you plus the way you seem to treat newcomers - like you did my fellow countryman <A HREF="http://rito.com/board/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000466" TARGET=_blank>Tony</A> (hope I got that UBB stuff right) about 18 months ago - further encourage me to stick around.<P>BTW my story is somewhat similar to Tony's: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>20 years ago all my life was music – Then for some strange reason that life died...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, more about that some other time.<P>Mikael, please let me know if your complimentary compilation is also available to freshmen such as myself. Although you have refused the idea of payment a couple of times I'd be happy to return the favour any other way...<P>Cheers,<BR>Jakob

If you want to Walk on the Water you've got to get out of the boat.