Talk of a reformation of City Boy

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Charlie
Hap-ki-do kid

Re: Talk of a reformation of City Boy

Post by Charlie » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Hey look - age has taken its toll on us all Chris. I think that a stripped back BITB version of the band should get back out there. Come and play for me in Oxford at one of our reunions later this year/next year mate! Hell, I'd even put you on @ The Cluny in Newcastle as well!
8)
Keep music live!

BADDOG
Narcissus

Post by BADDOG » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:38 am

cdtheduck wrote:
BADDOG wrote:I think chris should take his bass over and meet with max and try out some of his new songs and see what he thinks of them. But first they really need to just sit down face to face and iron out any anger they have against each other, and just be friends again. :cheers: Sure max might need to borrow some cash to get the project going but i am sure he will pay it back in full when the cd starts selling so every one needs to help him out. And i really do feel you guys owe us fans a new cd :rant: for all the years we have been fans and bought your music. You know you should do it so do it. We need a lot less fighting and a lot more band pratice. And you need to get in touch with the rest of the band as soon as you can, and get them on board. So i have laid it out for you plain and simple so lets go guys no more fooling around. :uhhuh:
Listen, mate! First I gotta dig my bass out of its' cobweb-ridden home...my son, Christopher took a look at it and said "but I'm a lefty"......ended up finding him a cool left-handed Aria on Craigslist for $150......cd's don't sell any more....DUH!.....unless you're frickin Miley or Em or Jonesy or whatevva......we don't owe you nuffink.....just be bloody happy and satisfied us bunch of whackos created what you already have!!

At my age I'm more than happy to be still "fooling around"!! NO amount of cheer leading on your part is going to achieve anything in the way of a CB reformation....we're beyond it......besides....how the fuck do you expect me to take my signature flying leap across the stage to land in perfect formation next to Mike at the beginning of his whizzo guitar solo at the end of "State Secrets".....or was it "Cigarettes".......with my arthritic hip and knee??

Luv ya!
I was just trying to get you fired up :rant: :)) nice talkin . thank you for what you have already done. :uhhuh:
Wacker Quacker

CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy

Post by CatInAFlat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:01 am

Robin_Shadowes wrote:Since pre-CB was called BITB (Back in the band), perhaps post-CB could be re-named WLOTF (What's left of the band)? |:
There is, weirdly, a Back in the Band doing gigs in Birmingham at the moment. Some old geezers doing cover versions of all sorts of stuff.

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:28 pm

CatInAFlat wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote:Since pre-CB was called BITB (Back in the band), perhaps post-CB could be re-named WLOTF (What's left of the band)? |:
There is, weirdly, a Back in the Band doing gigs in Birmingham at the moment. Some old geezers doing cover versions of all sorts of stuff.
Have you had any chance to listen to them yet? I'm so curious to if it is a coincidence or not, supposedly being old geezers and all as you put it.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

1after2
Car-Eating Man

Post by 1after2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:42 am

Quite sure that these might be them...

https://youtu.be/6IcWRSBxFQY

Waggons and Horses is a pub in Birmingham...
They list Back in the Band as classic rock...

http://www.waggonandhorses-pub.com/gigguide.html

Not sure if this is the same band...
https://youtu.be/9-LQGvHMx9Q
The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience

CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy

Post by CatInAFlat » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

I bet it is them. What is odd is when I clicked on it, on the sidebar a load of City Boy videos came up along with the Maisonettes.

Martin
Car-Eating Man

Post by Martin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 pm

I suspect that what appears in your side bar relates to previous searches and videos watched.
Non of the members of the band look like what I might expect any City Boy members to look like these days.
Thank you - I love you all!

CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy

Post by CatInAFlat » Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 pm

I meant it was the old guys that were posted in the link, not City Boy. I can't imagine it for a minute!

Koogler
Momma's Boy

Post by Koogler » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:46 am

How amazing would it be if they came back!