Talk of a reformation of City Boy

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Coventry Dave
Doctor Doctor

Re: Talk of a reformation of City Boy

Post by Coventry Dave » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:09 pm

More girlies, more girlies !! :yikes:
Stone me what a life.

Coventry Dave
Doctor Doctor

Post by Coventry Dave » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:10 pm

:))
Stone me what a life.

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes sir...we're recruitin' girlies, just for you, my friend! :D

Jo :wink:
Too damn hard...

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:51 am

Just for Jo and a walk down memory lane for the rest of you. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGiLsdWZdo
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:21 pm

:D
Too damn hard...

cdtheduck
Band Member

Post by cdtheduck » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:04 pm

BADDOG wrote:I think chris should take his bass over and meet with max and try out some of his new songs and see what he thinks of them. But first they really need to just sit down face to face and iron out any anger they have against each other, and just be friends again. :cheers: Sure max might need to borrow some cash to get the project going but i am sure he will pay it back in full when the cd starts selling so every one needs to help him out. And i really do feel you guys owe us fans a new cd :rant: for all the years we have been fans and bought your music. You know you should do it so do it. We need a lot less fighting and a lot more band pratice. And you need to get in touch with the rest of the band as soon as you can, and get them on board. So i have laid it out for you plain and simple so lets go guys no more fooling around. :uhhuh:

Listen, mate! First I gotta dig my bass out of its' cobweb-ridden home...my son, Christopher took a look at it and said "but I'm a lefty"......ended up finding him a cool left-handed Aria on Craigslist for $150......cd's don't sell any more....DUH!.....unless you're frickin Miley or Em or Jonesy or whatevva......we don't owe you nuffink.....just be bloody happy and satisfied us bunch of whackos created what you already have!!

At my age I'm more than happy to be still "fooling around"!! NO amount of cheer leading on your part is going to achieve anything in the way of a CB reformation....we're beyond it......besides....how the fuck do you expect me to take my signature flying leap across the stage to land in perfect formation next to Mike at the beginning of his whizzo guitar solo at the end of "State Secrets".....or was it "Cigarettes".......with my arthritic hip and knee??

Luv ya!

Wacker Quacker

PerG
Heavyweight

Post by PerG » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:31 am

cdtheduck wrote:how the fuck do you expect me to take my signature flying leap across the stage to land in perfect formation next to Mike at the beginning of his whizzo guitar solo at the end of "State Secrets".....or was it "Cigarettes".......with my arthritic hip and knee??

:shock: :mrgreen: :uhhuh: :))

Coventry Dave
Doctor Doctor

Post by Coventry Dave » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 am

El ducko speako :yikes: .................................. :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Stone me what a life.

Coventry Dave
Doctor Doctor

Post by Coventry Dave » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:52 am

quack quack......................................... |:
Stone me what a life.

cdtheduck
Band Member

Post by cdtheduck » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Coventry Dave wrote:quack quack......................................... |:

Better keep "ducking" while I'm around.....you never know WHAT might be flying at you!!

The Web-Footed one!

peter6604
Narcissus

Post by peter6604 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 pm

cdtheduck wrote:besides....how the fuck do you expect me to take my signature flying leap across the stage to land in perfect formation next to Mike at the beginning of his whizzo guitar solo at the end of "State Secrets".....or was it "Cigarettes".......with my arthritic hip and knee??

If Jonny Winter can play he´s shows sitting on a chair nowadays I´m sure you would manage without doing that. The only important thing is that you have the mustasch and the cap :D
Peter from Linkoping, Sweden

froggy23
Momma's Boy

Post by froggy23 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Okay what did I miss, theres a lot of pages to read through....what Ive got so far is there was talk of a reunion 2 years ago and it hasnt happend yet...that right? Im thinking after two years its probably not going to happen....?? Would be awesome if it did tho :-) x

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:09 pm

The only person holding up progress in this matter is the duck!

Get the hip, knee and the bass fixed already!!! :uhhuh:

froggy23
Momma's Boy

Post by froggy23 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am

Finally had time to read through this 17 page topic!!!! :-) and like...aaaargh!! I missed out on Chris and Roy being in here grrrr!!!

Anyways, just my opinion but here goes, I would luuuuuv to see a CB reunion and if it ever happens one day Ill be right at the front reminiscing my youth and finally enjoying watching a band I never got the chance to see way back when.

That said, I dont know if 'new' music would have the old CB 'bite', I think what makes music great with a band is the relationship between them all, not just the writers but the band as a whole, having gone their seperate ways so long ago theres no way they could possibly have that same relationship and I think it would show in the music (thats not to say IF it happened I wouldnt be the first one on the pre-order list for the new cd ;-) )-never say never!!

Interesting reading but obvious some dont have any intentions of a reunion, so, thanks again CB, Im happy with the music I have, I can still remember the first video I saw (5705), I was about 15 and fell madly in love Steve Broughton :oops: and when my mom asked me what I wanted for either Christmas or my birthday (cant remember which) I said "Book Early by CB, a white crew neck t-shirt and a silver box chain...I got all 3 and was well happy :-)

:cheers:

BabaOsw
Momma's Boy

Post by BabaOsw » Sun May 29, 2011 10:19 am

Max and Roy have some 60+ tracks between them that, i guess, have been written through time and not just in the last couple of years. So, if anything does materialise, lets hope it does have the CB twang/bite.
As for band relationships regards to reformation, lets not forget, there maybe (or is) members who would not wish to participate - there is also the thought that someone would not be considered anyway. Lets not give-up hope just yet guys and girls...
:wink: :wink: