Talk of a reformation of City Boy

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Re: Talk of a reformation of City Boy

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:26 am

PerG wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote:It also occurred to me later that City Boy was not the only band-name pinched by rappers. There's also some rapper/s called The Streets. That's also some kind of CB related, sort of. What comes next? Back in the hood? :))

Back In Da Hood :uhhuh:

Of course, my bad. :D
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

BADDOG
Narcissus

Post by BADDOG » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:51 am

I think chris should take his bass over and meet with max and try out some of his new songs and see what he thinks of them. But first they really need to just sit down face to face and iron out any anger they have against each other, and just be friends again. :cheers: Sure max might need to borrow some cash to get the project going but i am sure he will pay it back in full when the cd starts selling so every one needs to help him out. And i really do feel you guys owe us fans a new cd :rant: for all the years we have been fans and bought your music. You know you should do it so do it. We need a lot less fighting and a lot more band pratice. And you need to get in touch with the rest of the band as soon as you can, and get them on board. So i have laid it out for you plain and simple so lets go guys no more fooling around. :uhhuh:

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Unfortunately he doesn't seem very keen on it but after 30 years it ought to be time to bury the hatchet and I don't mean in each others head. Just look at the movie The Grudge. It's like a curse and it just goes on and on and the hatred is constantly fueled ans thus keeps on going indefinetively. Why not just draw the line in the sand and say enough is enough. Nobody is getting any younger and you might not play together again so what is the point to take this bitterness to your graves? Do you want to be angry lonely men like Scrooge?

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

Martin
Car-Eating Man

Post by Martin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Whilst a reformation of sorts sounds great, plus, I would love to hear and see City Boy's old music live, even with only part of the line up (I am sure there are a few guitarists out there who could do a pretty good emulation of Mikes playing whilst obviously not exactly the same) is it really likely to happen :?:

Regarding new music, I would love to hear new material even if only "in the same vein" even if performed by a couple of "original" band members...

18 months on, still a lot of talk and not a lot of action....... Maybe one day......
Thank you - I love you all!

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:22 am

Maybe...hopefully...I'm not counting anything out. I mean Max is the guy who got IP released after all those years. Lots of problems and things standing in their way, I grant you, but if it's meant to be, nothing will stop them.

Jo :D
Too damn hard...

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:58 pm

I haven't counted if they have all the tracks from IP but just half a year or so there was just a couple of tracks from that album on YouTube so I guess it is good if more tracks gets up over time. The only videos I don't like is TOTJ since it has simply been dubbed over the 5705 video and the lack of lip sync is quite annoying. Neither do I like Oddball Dance since for some odd reason the part of the Oddball Rag has been edited out and it is sometimes details like that that annoys the crap out of me.

- Rod Serling

BADDOG
Narcissus

Post by BADDOG » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:57 am

I believe max will get it done, he has always carried cityboy. And he should be in total control of the production of the next recordings.But hey thats just my feelings on it. :idea:

Kacey
Momma's Boy

Post by Kacey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 am

It would be absolutely wonderful if all six original City Boy members were involved in any future projects, but it seems that too much has happened in the past for that to ever happen, but as long as Roy and Max are involved in the new album then that's fine with me!

If Roy is still joining in with this discussion, I would like to ask him a question if I may. What happened to Tokyo Charm? Runaway was a fabulous single, but you never released a follow up. Did you just get fed up with it all or something?

Much love to Roy, Max and everyone.

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Welcome to the CB forum Kacey. It's always welcome with some new blood here. :)

- Rod Serling

PerG
Heavyweight

Post by PerG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 am

I don't know why this suddenly came to mind...

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

bertrand
Mr Shoes

Post by bertrand » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:32 am

and another one for the road :D
"let the music do the talking!"
--------------------------
I've seen that movie too

uberbelly
Narcissus

Post by uberbelly » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm

outoftune wrote:City Boy without Steve and Chris was a joke. Guys get on with the future.

Wow, it's great to know that you have an opinion OOT, as wrong as it is. You're obviously not a real City Boy fan or you would find something to like in EVERY ONE of their albums. Which leads me to suspect that you're just a cranky family member of Chris or Steve. Man, how long can you guys hold a grudge? You sound like those two whiners from Supertramp.

anyhoo, howdy everybody! haven't been here in a while and it's good to know that the possibility is still there of Max and Roy and maybe Mike doing some music. I'll buy it whatever it's called.

jeff
One more mosquito bite before we get to bed...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:13 am

Yo Jeff, where you been hiding? Welcome back. Yep, the hope still exists.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:16 am

Kacey wrote:It would be absolutely wonderful if all six original City Boy members were involved in any future projects, but it seems that too much has happened in the past for that to ever happen, but as long as Roy and Max are involved in the new album then that's fine with me!

If Roy is still joining in with this discussion, I would like to ask him a question if I may. What happened to Tokyo Charm? Runaway was a fabulous single, but you never released a follow up. Did you just get fed up with it all or something?

Much love to Roy, Max and everyone.

Hi Kacey,

Welcome to the board. Always great to see new people jump right in. With you joining, dare I hope we have have another woman on the board? Not many of us here and the estrogen deprivation is a bit lonely sometimes.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

Kacey
Momma's Boy

Post by Kacey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:01 am

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your message - you're absolutely right, us girls should stick together!

Kacey.