CD BOY 1. - Funding...

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

[email protected]
Heavyweight

CD BOY 1. - Funding...

Post by [email protected] » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:05 am

Guys, I feel almost embarrassed :oops:, but as the expenses for the CD BOY 1. artwork well exceeded my budget, I have to ask for your help!

Believe it or not but my costs did not stop until they reached the amount of 811 SEK (129 USD/87 EURO) including front cover holes, labels, packing and postage.

The amount/person would be 60 SEK (9 USD/6 EURO) if all 15 guys in the project are in. I excluded Al/Debbie and Geir because they had their own costs for this project.

If you would like to make a contribution you can send the money to

PayPal account:
[email protected]

or

Internet bank:
SkandiaBanken, Utlandsavd, S-106 55 Stockholm, SWEDEN
IBAN: SE73 9150 0000 0915 0127 4246
SWIFT/BIC: SKIASESS

or

Mailing address:
Mikael Åkerlind
Flygplansgatan 4 B
S-723 48 Västerås
SWEDEN

Lastly, I want to thank you for all compliments regarding my cover work. I'm happy you like it! :D

If we do a second CD BOY, count me in if you want my help! :)

Thanks!

Mikael
Last edited by [email protected] on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... and out!

PerG
Millionaire

Post by PerG » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:42 am

I say of course you should get paid for your expenses Mikael! Not something to be embarrassed about! Same goes for Al and Geir; please state what your costs are.

You've all done a great job! :lol:

BTW Mikael, where did you find the hole covers and the shiny cd-labels? They're really nice looking!

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:21 am

I've send You 9 US$ today, Mikael :D

Al?
Expenses?

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:57 am

It is nice of you to offer to help guys, but I can't accept. From the outset of this I knew I would have expenses like postage and envelopes but it was worth it to me just to have my good friends here involved in this fun project.

I saved money this summer because I knew this time was coming, so it is fine.

Per, I'm sorry your case got cracked too. I'll send you a new one because when I bought them they were in 10-packs and I had to get 30 of them because there are 27 cds in all, therefore I have a few extra.

Next time we do this perhaps we can use no covers or cases so the costs will be lower. If there had been no case even the postage would have been less because I could have shipped them in much smaller parcels.

Thank you friends :wink: :wink:

PerG
Millionaire

Post by PerG » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:32 am

al wrote:Per, I'm sorry your case got cracked too. I'll send you a new one because when I bought them they were in 10-packs and I had to get 30 of them because there are 27 cds in all, therefore I have a few extra.

Thank you so much for your offer Al, but there is absolutely no problem! I have an exactly the same spare case to replace it with, so I'm very much a satisfied customer! :lol: Very kind of you anyway! :D

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:12 am

I agree......no need to ship CD cases with the CD!

It's more expensive and they often crack

Geir
Mr Shoes

Post by Geir » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:25 am

Hey all! :D

I reckon my expenses amounted to somewhere between a third or a half of what Mikael's were. I figure I'll strike a bargain for the future in this respect, though: If I hereby may be declared free of expenses in connection with "CD Boy 1." as well as for any upcoming volumes two and three, there's no need to to pay me anything.

If my "sponsoring" this time around also would include that a disc gets sent off to Lee (a k a man who ate his car), I would also be most grateful!

Does that sound acceptable to you all?

Geir :D
...Anyone for tennis? (Or was it Dennis?)

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:08 am

PerG wrote:BTW Mikael, where did you find the hole covers and the shiny cd-labels? They're really nice looking!

The cd labels are Avery Glossy Colour Laser CD/DVD labels (L7760)

The hole covers called for some searching, but finally I find a company that could make them like I wanted it. There was a minimum price up to 120 copies, so now I have 90 copies left, ready for the next three editions of CD BOY :D

Geir wrote:If my "sponsoring" this time around also would include that a disc gets sent off to Lee (a k a man who ate his car), I would also be most grateful!

That's fine with me! :) What about Dave, Bertrand, other regulars here? I would like that they get a copy too.
... and out!

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:33 am

Mikael,

Absolutely no issue contributing - I'll send by paypal. I was going to raise the issue of funding the CD, but I didn't want to cause embarrassment either!!!

Thanks again for all your help in completing this project.

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:40 am

Mikael,

You've got mail! Sent funds in Euro (more stable than dollar :roll: )

Andy.
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

MartinS
Car-Eating Man

Post by MartinS » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:38 am

Sure thing Mikael. It's a lovely piece of work. I'm sending you my part to your bank account.

PerG
Millionaire

Post by PerG » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:11 am

Sent 9 USD via PayPal today! :D

man who ate his car
Doctor Doctor

Post by man who ate his car » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:43 am

Geir wrote:Hey all! :D

I reckon my expenses amounted to somewhere between a third or a half of what Mikael's were. I figure I'll strike a bargain for the future in this respect, though: If I hereby may be declared free of expenses in connection with "CD Boy 1." as well as for any upcoming volumes two and three, there's no need to to pay me anything.

If my "sponsoring" this time around also would include that a disc gets sent off to Lee (a k a man who ate his car), I would also be most grateful!

Geir :D

Thanks Geir for requesting that I receive a copy of the CD, that was a kind gesture and it's much appreciated! :D Although I didn't contribute a song to this, it would be interesting to hear the song choices of those who participated. Apparently, some unusual stuff was selected. If you guys decide to do another one of these, perhaps I could contribute a couple songs since I wasn't in on the first one. Only thing is, I just have a CD player, no CD burner. But I could record the songs to a cassette, send the tape off to one of you and that person could then transfer the songs from the cassette on to the CD. Would that work out OK? I can think of a number of songs I could contribute.
Last edited by man who ate his car on Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Munched his way to a million hearts as he ate the tires and the spare parts.

Marcus Bengtson
Hap-ki-do kid

Post by Marcus Bengtson » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:25 am

will pay shortly Mikael.

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:35 am

Jo Ann, Matt, Thomas, Leo, Andy, Martin, Per and Christian,

Thank you for your contributions! :D
... and out!