Listening to right now...

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:15 am

al wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote:
al wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote:[

:para
Yes, Napster it was! The only downside was that I had to download tracks and never any full albums. But I enjoyed finding stuff with CB, Jade Warrior and other bands a bit obscure even back then. There was 2-3 other sites post-Napster too, of which I can't recall the names either. They're probably as dead as Napster by now anyway.

Funny you should mention those bloody chips. I've just finished the latest show of Coast to Coast AM where Katherine Albrecht was one of the guests, talking about the chip, mark of the beast and some about gmail. Turns out her search engine site Startpage/Ixquick is going to start a new mail service early next year. It won't be free but it won't snoop either like Google.

Katherine Albrecht, a consumer privacy expert and VP of startpage.com, the world's most private search engine, discussed the latest RFID technologies being used to track not only products but humans, and their movement and activity. She announced that Macy's is considering implementing RFID on a broad national scale, placing a unique RFID number in some 300,000 pairs of shoes. This RFID number could subsequently be read by devices such as IBM's proposed "person tracking unit," as well entered in a planned "Internet of things," in which every single product is tied to a unique number in a database, she reported. Albrecht characterized this as a privacy invasion, and said a response from Macy's spokesperson will be forthcoming-- updates will be posted at her blog.

Recently some 160,000 concert goers at the Coachella Music Festival had to wear RFID wristbands, and were likely unaware of the tracking technology, she reported. This is becoming the standard at music festivals, and "I'm guessing by the end of the year we'll have seen more than 1 million people place an RFID chip on their right hand in order to access a music venue," she continued. Albrecht, a Christian, warned that the technology is moving closer to the 'Mark of the Beast' prophesied in the Book of Revelation.

She also cited privacy concerns about Google, and Gmail in particular. Though the service is free, if you read the fine print, "what you will discover is that Google gives itself the right to read all of the email that you send and receive," and to use that material to determine your relationship with your correspondents and create very detailed entries into your database as well as those of the people you write to, she stated. While Google doesn't sell your information to third parties, they can use it to target you with specific ads based on your mail and search engine inquiries, she added.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/07/18

Pretty creepy stuff if you ask me. :yikes:
Coast to Coast am! Yes, I am familiar with that great show. Trouble for me is that it airs over night until 5 am in my time zone, so I don't really get to listen often. I work from 6 am - 2:30 pm so I sleep during the night!

But the whole End Times prophecy and globalist government new world order Rothschild stuff I am well aware. I have taken notice of your comments in the past I know that you and I are on the same page with this stuff and what is taking place in the world at large today.

You see, I don't like what is going on. As such, I do not belong to Facebook (which we discussed earlier) nor any other social networking site. I don't shop online or pay bills. I don't do much with the net and I am using dial-up. Too much technology is leading down a bad path.

By the way, back when Leo (from Denmark) and I began talking on the phone I soon got a call from the NSA. Yep, right to my home. Are they joking! What sort of world are we living in?

I know what is taking place. I have been looking into it for over a decade now.

I wish I could have heard the c/c am show to which you refered. Sounds like a good one.

And another thing; when I logged on here I had put ELO's Time cd in the player and "Your's Truly, 2095" was playing when I read your post. Hmmm....
I'm well aware with concepts like NWO, Illuminati and such. I think even Max mentioned it briefly once. Too bad he's not online more. We in Europe doesn't have creepy stuff like FEMA camps, which I find very disturbing. I'm probably not the only one that gets nazi vibes by them. All the secret stuff your government been involved in for decades, like mind control projects like MKUltra. Over here we don't have those camps yet but still, the whole concept of EU makes my skin crawl. The point is to abolish all sovereign states and make them provinces in the mighty super police state EUSSR. We have a president, Van Rumpouy, which we haven't even elected. You at least get to vote for which prick will be in charge for the enxt 4 years. So I don't like the developments either. However I actually have a FB account. I'm sure it doesn't matter much. The day they decide to clamp down on me, you or anybody else, they're gonna do it anyway. But it was indeed scary the stuff you told me about NSA. Quite telling actually and scary. They view you as a thought criminal or in their terms, "terrorist suspect". If it hadn't been so sad and frightening, it could have been funny in a surreal kind of way. I'm aware we have gone OT quite a bit in this thread. Maybe we should start a new thread or two. One about our early experiences with internet and one about NWO and such related topics. I would love to read the other guys and gals early days on the web too.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Robin_Shadowes wrote:[
I'm well aware with concepts like NWO, Illuminati and such. I think even Max mentioned it briefly once. Too bad he's not online more. We in Europe doesn't have creepy stuff like FEMA camps, which I find very disturbing. I'm probably not the only one that gets nazi vibes by them. All the secret stuff your government been involved in for decades, like mind control projects like MKUltra. Over here we don't have those camps yet but still, the whole concept of EU makes my skin crawl. The point is to abolish all sovereign states and make them provinces in the mighty super police state EUSSR. We have a president, Van Rumpouy, which we haven't even elected. You at least get to vote for which prick will be in charge for the enxt 4 years. So I don't like the developments either. However I actually have a FB account. I'm sure it doesn't matter much. The day they decide to clamp down on me, you or anybody else, they're gonna do it anyway. But it was indeed scary the stuff you told me about NSA. Quite telling actually and scary. They view you as a thought criminal or in their terms, "terrorist suspect". If it hadn't been so sad and frightening, it could have been funny in a surreal kind of way. I'm aware we have gone OT quite a bit in this thread. Maybe we should start a new thread or two. One about our early experiences with internet and one about NWO and such related topics. I would love to read the other guys and gals early days on the web too.
I'm glad you mentioned our takeover of Maracus' thread. I agree we should switch the topic to another "frequency." I like the internet experiences idea. If the political stuff is too heavy for a music forum we could go to pm if there is more that needs to be said.

That aside, today I am really into ELO's Time cd. Listened it 3 times already. Cheers :cheers:

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:56 pm

No need to keep it off the board, maybe just move it over to the Soapbox.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

runrigsweden
Doctor Doctor

Post by runrigsweden » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:03 am

i have a little retro time right now :D i have bought kansas the classic albums collection 74-83 :D and it has some mighty fine moments on it :D
and i have also bought a couple of live dvds ,bachman turner live at roseland (lots of bto classics on that one) :D and also styx, grand illusion /pieces of eight tour dvd (great stuff) :D

cheers Harry :cheers:

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Blur. Just discovered them today. Sigh...could really get to like these guys.

Too damn hard...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:34 am

Boz Scaggs, self titled album. Wow, this guy is just mezmerizing, imho.

Too damn hard...

hitman5705
Momma's Boy

Post by hitman5705 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Blur - Under the Westway. Just discovered them today. Sigh...could really get to like these guys.

Excellent song
Reminds me of Ian Hunter and Mott the Hoople or even a little touch of David Bowie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hitman5705
Momma's Boy

Post by hitman5705 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 pm

CITY BOY - Narcissus and a few others from the Dinner at the Ritz album.

Almost forgot how great these songs are. As was posted to the song on Youtube "One of the best "unknown"bands of the 70's , probably just too far ahead of their time."

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:09 am

Boz Scaggs' Silk Degrees. A little bit of musical heaven. I only just found out his session musicians later became Toto. Learn something every day.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 pm

My vote for best Swedish song of 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uuhefmc_fA&feature=plcp
... and out!

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:58 am

Gerry Rafferty - City To City / Night Owl. "CD (Very cheap on Play.com)

Nik Kershaw's new CD - "8". Natural follow on to 15 minutes. Very rewarding with repeated listens, and catchy hooks and melodies that won't leave my head!!!
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Andy H wrote:Gerry Rafferty - City To City / Night Owl. "CD (Very cheap on Play.com)

Nik Kershaw's new CD - "8". Natural follow on to 15 minutes. Very rewarding with repeated listens, and catchy hooks and melodies that won't leave my head!!!
Nice! Andy, I often find your picks make me smile, and then go have a listen myself.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

Laurelei
Generalissima

Post by Laurelei » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:22 pm

And then on to some old stuff for me...Flo and Eddie. Moving Targets. I just found out tonight the singer from Skyhooks did some backing vocals on this album.

Too damn hard...

Max Thomas
Band Member

Post by Max Thomas » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to but in on this music topic, but...

I've just been reading some stuff that was posted back in July about the New World Order and stuff, and I just wanted to say that I haven't gone offline; I have plenty to say about related topics and things that are happening and are going to happen as these next few years roll by. I did post something on the forum about this within the last year, but the only response I had was from an "outoftune" who seemed to disappear from the website as suddenly as he had appeared. I have sensed that many of you are unwilling to partake in discussions on such topics because maybe you think I will just use the opportunity to preach to you... well, obviously, as far as I'm concerned the whole NWO which is controlled by the Illuminati is gaining ground, and one of their primary initiatives is to eradicate the whole concept of a Creator God from the minds of the whole human race... apart from their stated intentions to depopulate the world massively, and, well,I could go on, but I feel like I'm intruding by posting this on this part of the Board...Check out Dr. Rima Laibow on YouTube, in particular her talking about "Codex."

I'm going to post something on the Forum Maximum which I referred to some time ago. Some of you may not believe it, but you can research this yourselves to confirm its veracity.

Best wishes to you all!

Max

Andy H
Heavyweight

Post by Andy H » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Laurelei wrote:
Andy H wrote:Gerry Rafferty - City To City / Night Owl. "CD (Very cheap on Play.com)

Nice! Andy, I often find your picks make me smile, and then go have a listen myself.

Jo 8)
Thanks Jo :cheers: :D
A man could die of thirst - first to the bar and the last to get served....