Listening to right now...

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Laurelei » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:59 pm

I think there aren't too many left from those days. Back then the posts flew fast and furious. Max was a semiregular poster and Mike posted occasionally. Lots of people, lots of good and good natured debate...good times.

Jo 8)
Too damn hard...

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Laurelei wrote:Great album, Al! You put me in the mood for it, so I just popped it on. Gotta say, I had forgotten how good it was. Can't remember the last time I heard Lifeline. AND, absolutely going to put on Eldorado next. Another one, a masterpiece reallly, I haven't heard straight through in years.

Jo 8)
They just don't make music this good anymore!
I wish there were a remaster of ELO II. It has some of the most powerful music ever made, but the original recording wasn't too good. I suppose Jeff didn't have much money for his first solo ELO recording.

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Laurelei wrote:Oh, bring them forward Al. Who knows, might just spark some interest. And you know at least I'll be interested.

Jo 8)
I think at this point you bring more to this forum than anyone else :cheers:
I am sure I could never again come up with an idea as good as the cd idea. :cry:

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Laurelei wrote:I think there aren't too many left from those days. Back then the posts flew fast and furious. Max was a semiregular poster and Mike posted occasionally. Lots of people, lots of good and good natured debate...good times.

Jo 8)
I just posted a week or so ago how I miss the days when this forum was so active.

I really feel the active community here back in the early days had more to do with the relative newness of the web at the time and the fact that there were no venues like Facebook or Myspace. Those are the WalMart-ization (word?) of web-based communities and they seem to have killed the mom and pop stores like this one. That and silly functions like twitter and texting.

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Laurelei » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:04 pm

al wrote: I think at this point you bring more to this forum than anyone else :cheers:
I am sure I could never again come up with an idea as good as the cd idea. :cry:
Ohhhh, Al, that's so sweet!

Jo :hug:
Too damn hard...

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Laurelei » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm

I miss those active days, too. You have a point, about the newness of the internet back then, and how maybe we made our own social newtowking here. And there were people here like Drew that really kept things fresh and jumping. And the idea of being about to talk to some of the members of the band, wow, that was incredible. Good days.

Jo
Too damn hard...

User avatar
Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 pm

al wrote:
Laurelei wrote:I think there aren't too many left from those days. Back then the posts flew fast and furious. Max was a semiregular poster and Mike posted occasionally. Lots of people, lots of good and good natured debate...good times.

Jo 8)
I just posted a week or so ago how I miss the days when this forum was so active.

I really feel the active community here back in the early days had more to do with the relative newness of the web at the time and the fact that there were no venues like Facebook or Myspace. Those are the WalMart-ization (word?) of web-based communities and they seem to have killed the mom and pop stores like this one. That and silly functions like twitter and texting.
Although it was years before I found this forum I understand what you mean. Internet had a lot of more feel of being underground at that time and I miss that too. First time I ever surfed was on our local library. Had only read and seen about internet in the newspapers and on tv some. I was very curious and found it interesting. At that time our library had just moved to new locales. The new place had formerly been a firefighter station, rebuilt to fit a library instead. I can still remember the smell of fresh wood at that time. On the old library they still carried the old card system, so this was the first time you could look for books on computers. And that's just some 12-13 years ago.

The computers on the 2nd floor was only supposed to be for looking for books but the staff didn't mind if people surfed if not much people was around needing to use the computers. So I was lucky to spend a few hours on a few occassions just surfing the web. Just because of the rise of the internet, my lifelong interest in fringe topics awakened again. Before that it had been limited to whatever books and magazines I could find IRL. So I was into fringe in general and vampires in special at the time. There was no Google at the time. I don't remember the names of those search engines pre-dating Google. It just started with whatever was the default search engine on the library's start page. That way I found something called the dark side of the web or something like that. It kinda felt like a world within a world. Very underground and I loved it! It kinda feels surreal today. That feeling has simply been lost over time. I'm sure there are strange sites around now as well but somehow it's not the same thing anymore.

In 2000 I managed to get a second hand PC, not a very good one I might add. I was still off the grid as we didn't get broadband where I live until 2001.
So for about a year or so I spent time playing some games of the time. My first one was a weird game titled Sanatorium. Although I enjoyed it, I only played it once. In a computer magazine there was a demo with a level from Quake II. That was the first time I played a FPS game. I loved that level so much that I had to have the full game. After that it was Unreal who was lots of fun. By the time I got connection I had a new game titled Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption. Turned out my graphics card was not up to date with that one. Eventually I got a new card so that I actually could play the game. That was also the first time I was acquainted with the term multiplayer. I was a newbie back then but friendly people who also played the game helped me out. Taught me about all the acronyms like lol and such. For a time I even resorted to using the new internet language using u and 2 and such but soon tired of it, simply because it looked ugly and sloppy. But it was a fun time nonetheless.

I then found my way to Yahoo and little later to MSN. There I met a couple of persons I'm still in touch with after all these years. We soon moved to MSN because they had better chat rooms and better groups too. One of the groups which I was co-owner with was called The Revenants Retreat. The most strange sensation back then was to be in touch with people living in other countries, on other continents even. That felt very weird for a while. Before that I had been limited to interact with people locally and perhaps regionally at best. I realized I met a lot of people I would have never met if it hadn't been for the new invention of internet. At that time it was just a few years old. And I don't count arpanet as that was limited to few people only anyway. So I the lone wolf suddenly became more sociable thanks to the web. One thing I noticed was that it was easier to socialize with english-speaking people. Swedes truly are more reserved. It's not a joke or a myth. I found out that they were a bit hard to get into conversation if you didn't know them from before. And they kicked me out of their rooms for some trivial reason or other. People in the englsih speaking sections was more tolerant and easier to talk with. Don't misunderstand me. Swedes are not necessarily cold hearted. It just takes a while longer to learn to know us. They say you have a friend for life as soon as you manage to get past all that. Well, that was my trip down cyber memory lane. At least for this time.
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 am

Robin_Shadowes wrote: The most strange sensation back then was to be in touch with people living in other countries, on other continents even. That felt very weird for a while. Before that I had been limited to interact with people locally and perhaps regionally at best. I realized I met a lot of people I would have never met if it hadn't been for the new invention of internet. At that time it was just a few years old. And I don't count arpanet as that was limited to few people only anyway. So I the lone wolf suddenly became more sociable thanks to the web. One thing I noticed was that it was easier to socialize with english-speaking people. Swedes truly are more reserved. It's not a joke or a myth. I found out that they were a bit hard to get into conversation if you didn't know them from before. And they kicked me out of their rooms for some trivial reason or other. People in the englsih speaking sections was more tolerant and easier to talk with. Don't misunderstand me. Swedes are not necessarily cold hearted. It just takes a while longer to learn to know us. They say you have a friend for life as soon as you manage to get past all that. Well, that was my trip down cyber memory lane. At least for this time.
I enjoyed reading your post RS but you really made some good points in the above paragraph. I thought it was very cool to meet people on an international scale too, but then after awhile it seemed to mean not as much as it did early on. I found it intriguing every time I met someone from yet another country. Now it seems the internet has made the world a very small place, and I also have come to realize that it is making the world more alike socially and in how we live. Maybe that is a good thing? Maybe not?

Also, I found your comments regarding Swedes vs. English language folks very interesting. Thanks to this forum and the one for the Swedish band A.C.T, I have had the good fortune to meet many people from Sweden and I have to say that all are wonderful and kind. That is also true for all the people I've met from Denmark. There once were - I would guess - as many as 6 or 7 posters to this forum who are Danish.

As for myself, I got my first pc in July, 2000. In early summer 2001 I built a back porch on my house and while I was constructing it I brought my cd/cassette player outside. It just so happened that I brought out all my old City Boy cassettes and got to thinking about the band. Then one day around that time I decided to search the band online and viola!, I found this site. I immediately joined and it became the second online forum for which I was a member. The first was an automotive forum which I thought was not very much fun.

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

Laurelei wrote:I miss those active days, too. You have a point, about the newness of the internet back then, and how maybe we made our own social newtowking here. And there were people here like Drew that really kept things fresh and jumping. And the idea of being about to talk to some of the members of the band, wow, that was incredible. Good days.

Jo
Absolutely Jo.

By the way, I don't know if you are aware that Drew died a number of years back. That was very sad because he told me about a very large-scale classic and hot rod auto cruise they have in Detroit every August and it was my intention to head that way the summer he told me about it. I didn't make it that year and then he passed. I have since gone to Detroit for other auto events, but not the Woodward Dream Cruise Drew told me about. In fact, Leo (from Denmark) and I went to the North American International Auto Show together in Janurary, 2010.

This auto show :mrgreen: http://www.naias.com/

And this is the cruise Drew told me about;
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

This gives me an idea, Jo...

User avatar
Laurelei
Generalissima
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Laurelei » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Al,

I did know Drew passed away. In face, when there was talk of getting Roy to answer those questions, I hunted through the old boards to find a question Drew had once posed. I thought it was a fitting way to start that off. Sadly, Roy had never gotten around to answering those questions. Would have been interesting.

Jo
Too damn hard...

User avatar
Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 am

al wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote: The most strange sensation back then was to be in touch with people living in other countries, on other continents even. That felt very weird for a while. Before that I had been limited to interact with people locally and perhaps regionally at best. I realized I met a lot of people I would have never met if it hadn't been for the new invention of internet. At that time it was just a few years old. And I don't count arpanet as that was limited to few people only anyway. So I the lone wolf suddenly became more sociable thanks to the web. One thing I noticed was that it was easier to socialize with english-speaking people. Swedes truly are more reserved. It's not a joke or a myth. I found out that they were a bit hard to get into conversation if you didn't know them from before. And they kicked me out of their rooms for some trivial reason or other. People in the englsih speaking sections was more tolerant and easier to talk with. Don't misunderstand me. Swedes are not necessarily cold hearted. It just takes a while longer to learn to know us. They say you have a friend for life as soon as you manage to get past all that. Well, that was my trip down cyber memory lane. At least for this time.
I enjoyed reading your post RS but you really made some good points in the above paragraph. I thought it was very cool to meet people on an international scale too, but then after awhile it seemed to mean not as much as it did early on. I found it intriguing every time I met someone from yet another country. Now it seems the internet has made the world a very small place, and I also have come to realize that it is making the world more alike socially and in how we live. Maybe that is a good thing? Maybe not?

Also, I found your comments regarding Swedes vs. English language folks very interesting. Thanks to this forum and the one for the Swedish band A.C.T, I have had the good fortune to meet many people from Sweden and I have to say that all are wonderful and kind. That is also true for all the people I've met from Denmark. There once were - I would guess - as many as 6 or 7 posters to this forum who are Danish.

As for myself, I got my first pc in July, 2000. In early summer 2001 I built a back porch on my house and while I was constructing it I brought my cd/cassette player outside. It just so happened that I brought out all my old City Boy cassettes and got to thinking about the band. Then one day around that time I decided to search the band online and viola!, I found this site. I immediately joined and it became the second online forum for which I was a member. The first was an automotive forum which I thought was not very much fun.
Hey Al!

Back then there was a site from which you could search and download music from. I can't recall it's name anymore although I have it almost on the tip of my tongue. But it was very big and popular at the time. I think I enjoyed about a year before your government shut them down. Anyway, I felt joyous when I actually found live tracks with CB there. Hadn't heard them live since 77-78 and as you know, they never released any live album. So that was a lot of fun. I managed to burn all but one before that puter crashed. I missed one because I forgot about it. But don't worry, all of them are in the vault here anyway. I'm not sure how I came here. I have to guess. I must have googled CB around 2006 and found the fan site and from there I found the forum. I was delighted to find other old fans of the band here. It's amazing the forum had existed for about a decade already when I found it. The old forums looks more like what imdb still does. It's a bit of pain in the royal behind to follow, so I'm glad it's not like that anymore.

You're right about that it doesn't feel the same anymore. It's like the room has grown smaller and left us in the dark, kind of a way. :)) One does not get as excited over it anymore. I'm not too fond of FB and Twitter although I have accounts there. Old MSN was so much better and funnier. Internet has evolved more towards becoming more commercialized over the years. I'm not sure if it's good or not or if we could have even prevented it from happening. I can't help but wonder how we would have became ha there been internet around back in the 70's? I think I would have enjoyed it as a teenager. After all I enjoyed the early games like Pong, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and such so I would probably had been open towards it at least. But it probably would also had made us lazier than we actually where. We had to entertain ourselves in the real world anyway we could. But I would have liked the way how easy it is to search for information now. Especially if it comes to more obscure things.

When it comes to us swedes some immigrants or even tourists seems to have a hang-up about some things. Like how we prefer to sit alone while riding the bus or train. I can't deny I'm not like that myself. But that is just because I love to sit alone, looking out the window watching the landscape go by and daydreaming on my own. It's very relaxing and such a relief to have those moments on my own. It's just the way I am. If that is typically swedish or not, I leave to others to judge. :)
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Laurelei wrote:Hi Al,

I did know Drew passed away. In face, when there was talk of getting Roy to answer those questions, I hunted through the old boards to find a question Drew had once posed. I thought it was a fitting way to start that off. Sadly, Roy had never gotten around to answering those questions. Would have been interesting.

Jo
Makes me think I should go through all the old posts as a way of recalling the many people I once knew here.

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Robin_Shadowes wrote:[

Hey Al!

Back then there was a site from which you could search and download music from. I can't recall it's name anymore although I have it almost on the tip of my tongue. But it was very big and popular at the time. I think I enjoyed about a year before your government shut them down. Anyway, I felt joyous when I actually found live tracks with CB there. Hadn't heard them live since 77-78 and as you know, they never released any live album. So that was a lot of fun. I managed to burn all but one before that puter crashed. I missed one because I forgot about it. But don't worry, all of them are in the vault here anyway. I'm not sure how I came here. I have to guess. I must have googled CB around 2006 and found the fan site and from there I found the forum. I was delighted to find other old fans of the band here. It's amazing the forum had existed for about a decade already when I found it. The old forums looks more like what imdb still does. It's a bit of pain in the royal behind to follow, so I'm glad it's not like that anymore.

You're right about that it doesn't feel the same anymore. It's like the room has grown smaller and left us in the dark, kind of a way. :)) One does not get as excited over it anymore. I'm not too fond of FB and Twitter although I have accounts there. Old MSN was so much better and funnier. Internet has evolved more towards becoming more commercialized over the years. I'm not sure if it's good or not or if we could have even prevented it from happening. I can't help but wonder how we would have became ha there been internet around back in the 70's? I think I would have enjoyed it as a teenager. After all I enjoyed the early games like Pong, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and such so I would probably had been open towards it at least. But it probably would also had made us lazier than we actually where. We had to entertain ourselves in the real world anyway we could. But I would have liked the way how easy it is to search for information now. Especially if it comes to more obscure things.

When it comes to us swedes some immigrants or even tourists seems to have a hang-up about some things. Like how we prefer to sit alone while riding the bus or train. I can't deny I'm not like that myself. But that is just because I love to sit alone, looking out the window watching the landscape go by and daydreaming on my own. It's very relaxing and such a relief to have those moments on my own. It's just the way I am. If that is typically swedish or not, I leave to others to judge. :)
I recall there being a couple music sites from which it was possible to download music. Perhaps one of them was the site you used? Napster is the only name I recall at the moment...well...Limewire was another for individual songs. It's great you have some "live" recordings. I got a couple live cd recordings from somebody on this forum many years ago.

You are absolutely on the mark with your thoughts regarding us having internet in the '70s! I think it would have been very cool to have had this technology and information as a teenager. As it turns out, having not had internet until I was an adult has me very hesitant and actually quite fearful of where it is will likely go. I think children now will find themselves in a world which is much like a police state when they are adults. Just wait until humans are injected with computer chips...spy chips, in fact! Talk about controlling the human race. Not good!!

And heck. Don't fret it too much about being a loner. I have always been a loner and I'm not a Swede! There is nothing like sitting back and getting lost in imagination.

So what am I...ahhh...? :para

User avatar
Robin_Shadowes
Heavyweight
Posts: 1117
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by Robin_Shadowes » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:58 pm

al wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote:[

Hey Al!

Back then there was a site from which you could search and download music from. I can't recall it's name anymore although I have it almost on the tip of my tongue. But it was very big and popular at the time. I think I enjoyed about a year before your government shut them down. Anyway, I felt joyous when I actually found live tracks with CB there. Hadn't heard them live since 77-78 and as you know, they never released any live album. So that was a lot of fun. I managed to burn all but one before that puter crashed. I missed one because I forgot about it. But don't worry, all of them are in the vault here anyway. I'm not sure how I came here. I have to guess. I must have googled CB around 2006 and found the fan site and from there I found the forum. I was delighted to find other old fans of the band here. It's amazing the forum had existed for about a decade already when I found it. The old forums looks more like what imdb still does. It's a bit of pain in the royal behind to follow, so I'm glad it's not like that anymore.

You're right about that it doesn't feel the same anymore. It's like the room has grown smaller and left us in the dark, kind of a way. :)) One does not get as excited over it anymore. I'm not too fond of FB and Twitter although I have accounts there. Old MSN was so much better and funnier. Internet has evolved more towards becoming more commercialized over the years. I'm not sure if it's good or not or if we could have even prevented it from happening. I can't help but wonder how we would have became ha there been internet around back in the 70's? I think I would have enjoyed it as a teenager. After all I enjoyed the early games like Pong, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong and such so I would probably had been open towards it at least. But it probably would also had made us lazier than we actually where. We had to entertain ourselves in the real world anyway we could. But I would have liked the way how easy it is to search for information now. Especially if it comes to more obscure things.

When it comes to us swedes some immigrants or even tourists seems to have a hang-up about some things. Like how we prefer to sit alone while riding the bus or train. I can't deny I'm not like that myself. But that is just because I love to sit alone, looking out the window watching the landscape go by and daydreaming on my own. It's very relaxing and such a relief to have those moments on my own. It's just the way I am. If that is typically swedish or not, I leave to others to judge. :)
I recall there being a couple music sites from which it was possible to download music. Perhaps one of them was the site you used? Napster is the only name I recall at the moment...well...Limewire was another for individual songs. It's great you have some "live" recordings. I got a couple live cd recordings from somebody on this forum many years ago.

You are absolutely on the mark with your thoughts regarding us having internet in the '70s! I think it would have been very cool to have had this technology and information as a teenager. As it turns out, having not had internet until I was an adult has me very hesitant and actually quite fearful of where it is will likely go. I think children now will find themselves in a world which is much like a police state when they are adults. Just wait until humans are injected with computer chips...spy chips, in fact! Talk about controlling the human race. Not good!!

And heck. Don't fret it too much about being a loner. I have always been a loner and I'm not a Swede! There is nothing like sitting back and getting lost in imagination.

So what am I...ahhh...? :para
Yes, Napster it was! The only downside was that I had to download tracks and never any full albums. But I enjoyed finding stuff with CB, Jade Warrior and other bands a bit obscure even back then. There was 2-3 other sites post-Napster too, of which I can't recall the names either. They're probably as dead as Napster by now anyway.

Funny you should mention those bloody chips. I've just finished the latest show of Coast to Coast AM where Katherine Albrecht was one of the guests, talking about the chip, mark of the beast and some about gmail. Turns out her search engine site Startpage/Ixquick is going to start a new mail service early next year. It won't be free but it won't snoop either like Google.

Katherine Albrecht, a consumer privacy expert and VP of startpage.com, the world's most private search engine, discussed the latest RFID technologies being used to track not only products but humans, and their movement and activity. She announced that Macy's is considering implementing RFID on a broad national scale, placing a unique RFID number in some 300,000 pairs of shoes. This RFID number could subsequently be read by devices such as IBM's proposed "person tracking unit," as well entered in a planned "Internet of things," in which every single product is tied to a unique number in a database, she reported. Albrecht characterized this as a privacy invasion, and said a response from Macy's spokesperson will be forthcoming-- updates will be posted at her blog.

Recently some 160,000 concert goers at the Coachella Music Festival had to wear RFID wristbands, and were likely unaware of the tracking technology, she reported. This is becoming the standard at music festivals, and "I'm guessing by the end of the year we'll have seen more than 1 million people place an RFID chip on their right hand in order to access a music venue," she continued. Albrecht, a Christian, warned that the technology is moving closer to the 'Mark of the Beast' prophesied in the Book of Revelation.

She also cited privacy concerns about Google, and Gmail in particular. Though the service is free, if you read the fine print, "what you will discover is that Google gives itself the right to read all of the email that you send and receive," and to use that material to determine your relationship with your correspondents and create very detailed entries into your database as well as those of the people you write to, she stated. While Google doesn't sell your information to third parties, they can use it to target you with specific ads based on your mail and search engine inquiries, she added.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/07/18

Pretty creepy stuff if you ask me. :yikes:
"To hell with friends and NME's"

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
- Rod Serling

User avatar
al
Heavyweight
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Listening to right now...

Post by al » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Robin_Shadowes wrote:
al wrote:
Robin_Shadowes wrote:[

:para
Yes, Napster it was! The only downside was that I had to download tracks and never any full albums. But I enjoyed finding stuff with CB, Jade Warrior and other bands a bit obscure even back then. There was 2-3 other sites post-Napster too, of which I can't recall the names either. They're probably as dead as Napster by now anyway.

Funny you should mention those bloody chips. I've just finished the latest show of Coast to Coast AM where Katherine Albrecht was one of the guests, talking about the chip, mark of the beast and some about gmail. Turns out her search engine site Startpage/Ixquick is going to start a new mail service early next year. It won't be free but it won't snoop either like Google.

Katherine Albrecht, a consumer privacy expert and VP of startpage.com, the world's most private search engine, discussed the latest RFID technologies being used to track not only products but humans, and their movement and activity. She announced that Macy's is considering implementing RFID on a broad national scale, placing a unique RFID number in some 300,000 pairs of shoes. This RFID number could subsequently be read by devices such as IBM's proposed "person tracking unit," as well entered in a planned "Internet of things," in which every single product is tied to a unique number in a database, she reported. Albrecht characterized this as a privacy invasion, and said a response from Macy's spokesperson will be forthcoming-- updates will be posted at her blog.

Recently some 160,000 concert goers at the Coachella Music Festival had to wear RFID wristbands, and were likely unaware of the tracking technology, she reported. This is becoming the standard at music festivals, and "I'm guessing by the end of the year we'll have seen more than 1 million people place an RFID chip on their right hand in order to access a music venue," she continued. Albrecht, a Christian, warned that the technology is moving closer to the 'Mark of the Beast' prophesied in the Book of Revelation.

She also cited privacy concerns about Google, and Gmail in particular. Though the service is free, if you read the fine print, "what you will discover is that Google gives itself the right to read all of the email that you send and receive," and to use that material to determine your relationship with your correspondents and create very detailed entries into your database as well as those of the people you write to, she stated. While Google doesn't sell your information to third parties, they can use it to target you with specific ads based on your mail and search engine inquiries, she added.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/07/18

Pretty creepy stuff if you ask me. :yikes:
Coast to Coast am! Yes, I am familiar with that great show. Trouble for me is that it airs over night until 5 am in my time zone, so I don't really get to listen often. I work from 6 am - 2:30 pm so I sleep during the night!

But the whole End Times prophecy and globalist government new world order Rothschild stuff I am well aware. I have taken notice of your comments in the past I know that you and I are on the same page with this stuff and what is taking place in the world at large today.

You see, I don't like what is going on. As such, I do not belong to Facebook (which we discussed earlier) nor any other social networking site. I don't shop online or pay bills. I don't do much with the net and I am using dial-up. Too much technology is leading down a bad path.

By the way, back when Leo (from Denmark) and I began talking on the phone I soon got a call from the NSA. Yep, right to my home. Are they joking! What sort of world are we living in?

I know what is taking place. I have been looking into it for over a decade now.

I wish I could have heard the c/c am show to which you refered. Sounds like a good one.

And another thing; when I logged on here I had put ELO's Time cd in the player and "Your's Truly, 2095" was playing when I read your post. Hmmm....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests