A music cd chain letter

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

al
Heavyweight

A music cd chain letter

Post by al » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:15 pm

While sitting at Panera enjoying my morning coffee yesterday, I got a crazy idea. What if we did a music cd chain letter?

Here is how it would work;

1) Anybody who wishes to be in on this can add their name to this post and when we get 14 or so, we know we have enough people to make one of the music discs.

2) I'll start it off by putting one song I have from my collection (any damned song I wish!) of music here at my house and then send the disc to the next person who responds to this topic.

3) When this next person receives my cd, he or she will put my song plus one of their own choosing onto a disc...keeping the order of songs with my song first and their song next, etcetera...

4) Person #2 will then send the new disc with the 2 songs on it to person #3 who will take the first 2 songs and then add one song of their own.

5)Person #3 will then mail that disc to person #4 who will add a song and so on.

Under normal circumstances, a normal disc holds what? 14-18 songs depending, right? So we need a minimum of that many people to do it.

It would be cool to see what kind of compilation disc we end up with!!

When the disc is finally full, the last person will let us know and I guess since this is my crazy idea, I'll send out the full disc to everyone who participated so as the postage is on me.

Also, so we don't have to publish our Names And Addresses on the internet, the person next in line to receive the disc can just give their address to the sender in a private message.

Anyone want in?

So;
Person #1 Al Rozzi

DJWheels
Car-Eating Man

Post by DJWheels » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm

Not a bad idea Al !! Count me in.

Am I to assume that City Boy is out on this CD ? (otherwise it may be another CB compilation.)

Also, Do we NOT know what the songs are until we get the CD ? (each of us individually) and it's to be kept quiet until the CD fills up ? Interesting - good idea !! I may have to wait to decide what song to add untill I see what's on it ahead of me in order to make a good transition...

~Dan (#2)

NP: song #2 (pending)
Goodness Gracious, my Grandma used to say. The world's a scary place now, things were different in her day.
What horrors will be commonplace when my hair starts to grey? ~ Kevin Gilbert

jam
Doctor Doctor

Post by jam » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:34 pm

Cool idea! I'm in.

I think each of us should also write 10-20 lines about his choice of song. That would add up to a nice set of liner notes. What about artwork...?

Jakob (#3)

If you want to Walk on the Water you've got to get out of the boat.

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:45 pm

Great idea, Al........count me in :wink: :D

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:14 am

Nice idea, Al! I'm in.

Mikael (#5)
... and out!

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:47 am

Sure, why not.

Stefan
Narcissus

Post by Stefan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:00 am

Me too, guys. #7 that is.
I also would prefer to exclude CB songs on it.
Also to be excluded are epic songs longer than 6,7 minutes otherwise this cd can be full even before I have it. (or after I had it :wink: )
Regarding transitions, we just take it as it is, that's part of the show, right?
Cheers, Stefan.

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:34 pm

DJWheels wrote:Am I to assume that City Boy is out on this CD ? (otherwise it may be another CB compilation.)

Well I hate to have rules for the music choices, but I suppose let's say no to City Boy. What do you think? As you say, if everyone chose CB, then there are no surprises with the disc.

Also, Do we NOT know what the songs are until we get the CD ? (each of us individually) and it's to be kept quiet until the CD fills up ?

Exactly Dan :wink: Don't tell anyone your song. Each person adds whatever the hell they feel like adding, keeping it a secret. Obviously those down the line will know more about the disc. But let's see what kind of crazy-ass compilation disc we come up with!!

Who knows, could be a really cool disc when it is finished?

[/i]

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:36 pm

jam wrote:Cool idea! I'm in.

I think each of us should also write 10-20 lines about his choice of song. That would add up to a nice set of liner notes. What about artwork...?

Jakob (#3)

Very nice Jakob!! I like the idea of including something about the song, like why or what or when? As for artwork...any suggestions?

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:38 pm

Stefan wrote:Me too, guys. #7 that is.
I also would prefer to exclude CB songs on it.
Also to be excluded are epic songs longer than 6,7 minutes otherwise this cd can be full even before I have it. (or after I had it :wink: )
Regarding transitions, we just take it as it is, that's part of the show, right?
Cheers, Stefan.

Good points Stefan. I agree 100% :D

Debbie R
Hap-ki-do kid

Post by Debbie R » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:23 pm

I'm in so I guess I'll be #8 on the cd who knows what I'll come up with but the whole idea sounds like fun.

DJWheels
Car-Eating Man

Post by DJWheels » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:15 pm

I'm going to have lunch at Panera tomorrow to get some inspiration on what to add to this CD.

BTW, I think this may result in a Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, etc. I've got too many that I'm considering.

I really like this idea.

One more question... Are we creating a new CD, adding ours to the list of what we receive ? then mail it on to the next in line ? I'm not sure I know how to just add to a disc without finalizing it. Richard... you'd know if I can or not. Please let me know...
Richard ? Where are you my friend ??!! Come on and get in on this list !!

~Dan
Goodness Gracious, my Grandma used to say. The world's a scary place now, things were different in her day.
What horrors will be commonplace when my hair starts to grey? ~ Kevin Gilbert

christian
Doctor Doctor

Post by christian » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:44 pm

Of course I am in on this!!! Will I be number 9 then?

Can I also suggest that we put songs that are within the taste of this forum but a little less known? In that way, we avoid a mainstream greatest hits CD.

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:15 am

christian wrote:Of course I am in on this!!! Will I be number 9 then?

Can I also suggest that we put songs that are within the taste of this forum but a little less known? In that way, we avoid a mainstream greatest hits CD.

Damn.....I had planned to use "Crazy Frog" as My contribution :P

Only Kiddin' :wink: :lol: :lol:

christian
Doctor Doctor

Post by christian » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:31 am

Hilarious Leo!! :lol: