Regarding "rate the band"

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

al
Heavyweight

Regarding "rate the band"

Post by al » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:47 pm

Just wish to make aware the fact that I will be taking a break from the "rate the band" series of posts. I just need to simplify things for now and while only a very small thing posting these threads, adding together numerous very small responsibilities does add up to making life a bit easier to tolerate.

I am very sorry for any dissappointment and I especially want to say thanks to Dan and Jakob for expressing interest in my continuing this series. However, if anyone wishes to continue to add to the series, please do so.

Otherwise, perhaps I'll pick up where I left off later? I will however add to the list both Styx and Kiss when they finish up at the end of the week.

Perhaps I'm being a bit selfish but I'm just not to content with my present situation in life. In fact I'm rather depressed but this has been building for several years and is nothing new. Regardless, any and all dissatisfaction with my situation is entirely the fault of my own.

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:20 pm

Hi Al,

Sorry to hear about how You feel these days! :(

I hope You'll find something positive coming Your way soon.....

If there's anything I can Do for You......?

Best wishes

Leo

cockatootoo
Heavyweight

Post by cockatootoo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:29 am

Al, hope better things will come your way. Jump back in when you can.

rito
El Presidente

Post by rito » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:30 am

Don't feel bad about it, we all have a life besides the internet and we understand... 8)

DJWheels
Car-Eating Man

Post by DJWheels » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Al,

I hope it's just temporary... this is a good place to find a way to cheer up though, so come by often anyway. I wish I knew how to continue the "Rate the Band" series, but I'm sure we can pick up when you get back around to it. Hang in there my friend... Let us know if you come out to the west coast.

~Dan
Goodness Gracious, my Grandma used to say. The world's a scary place now, things were different in her day.
What horrors will be commonplace when my hair starts to grey? ~ Kevin Gilbert

Coventry Dave
Doctor Doctor

Post by Coventry Dave » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:53 am

Al.....rock on boy, we're with ya !!
Know what you mean though, i've had an awful year. One problem is now sorted, (which i'm not expanding on), just got a 6 month driving ban, and now redundancies, (again), at work ! Though my mate, (now my Supervisor), says i'm one of two who's OK !!!

Things will get better Al.........!!
Stone me what a life.

ggggg
Narcissus

Post by ggggg » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:51 pm

Al,

Sorry to hear you are in a slump.

If you would bear with me I would like you give you a piece of advice (you don't have to take it). I have found that life is just a series of ups and downs. Sooner or later your up will become a down and vice versa.

I guess what I just want to say is to just keep plugging along as it will get better eventually and you will be in an upswing again. Try to ignore the down, get through it and look forward to the up. It's always darkest before the dawn but that dawn is beautiful.

Hope this helps!

Penta g

al
Heavyweight

Post by al » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:47 pm

UPDATE;

Turns out I have Carbon Monoxide poisoning!!!

Got it from the heaters in the shop at work, both me and another guy I work with. He was going home and falling asleep by 5:30 and sleeping 12 hours. Both of us felt we were dying and didn't understand why. We thought we were simply getting old and close to death. We never made the connectiong initially that both of us felt like giving up on life.

Hey, that stuff is really bad! You could not believe how terrible until you experience it.

By the way- these shop furnaces have likely been this way for years which may explain why I feel like giving up everthing and dying every winter!!!

Honestly, I felt the symptoms every winter and I blamed it on my house, bought a C.M. alarm 2 years ago but it never sounded.

Anyway, I didn't know how badly I've been affected and I'm sure with all the exposure over the years, I'll suffer some permanent effects.

Rob Court
Hap-ki-do kid

Post by Rob Court » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:52 pm

:shock: Wow Al :!: What a story. I've been away for awhile, come back to read that you're feeling poorly and I'm relating and reading the well wishing posts. I'm starting to feel guilty about not visiting more and not reviewing CB06 sooner as I prepare to write another "best wishes" post. Then I read that you found the problem. Things are going better we hope. :)
How did you find it after all these years?
"Poor Kid Was Cut Off In His Prime"
"Almost A Legend In His Time"

DJWheels
Car-Eating Man

Post by DJWheels » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Hi Al,

It was great to see that Shelby Mustang pop back in here !! Good to hear that you know what's going on - at least that usually is where things turn around and can start to get better. Do whatever you can to get over this !!
We all hope you'll be feeling better from now on.

Thanks for letting us know...

~Dan
Goodness Gracious, my Grandma used to say. The world's a scary place now, things were different in her day.
What horrors will be commonplace when my hair starts to grey? ~ Kevin Gilbert

Leo camoose
Heavyweight

Post by Leo camoose » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 am

Hi Al,

I hope You'll get well (or at least feel better) soon!
I've read about this kind of poisoning and it is indeed a dangerous one!
I'm glad You found the cause for the poisoning.......is it possible to make a claim for health damages? We have this possibillity in Denmark, so...?

Anyway.....My best wishes For You, Pal

Take care

Leo

bertrand
Mr Shoes

Post by bertrand » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:04 pm

Hi Al
I know what is like to feel depressed so I understand very well what you call" dissatisfaction."..
Best wishes
Bertrand