The Vault

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

User avatar
rito
El Presidente
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 1995 2:00 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria
Contact:

Re: The Vault

Post by rito » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Laurelei wrote:but is that the same Paul Young that did Every Time You Go Away? Not my favorite song but I remember it well and he had a great voice.


Yes, it's the same Paul Young

User avatar
cdtheduck
Band Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am

Re: The Vault

Post by cdtheduck » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:38 pm

So, how many "Paul Youngs" are there out there in the ole' rock n roll biz?? Many "Pauls" and a few "Youngs".............Angus RULES!

Time to put on Back In Black again.....turn it up to 11!

El Rocko Quacko.......!

User avatar
uberbelly
Narcissus
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:44 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada
Contact:

Re: The Vault

Post by uberbelly » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Paul Young - Sad Cafe :wink:
One more mosquito bite before we get to bed...

Coventry Dave
Doctor Doctor
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Coventry, England.

Re: The Vault

Post by Coventry Dave » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:13 pm

I saw the Q Tips in Coventry...............about 1980. The Reluctant Stereotypes were supporting them, a local band, & friends of mine. They made one LP, 3 of them went on to become KING !! ( Love & Pride.........remember ?? . )
Stone me what a life.

User avatar
propylaen
Hap-ki-do kid
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Vault

Post by propylaen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:07 am

Hi folks,

Every now and then I browse the vault to see if there is something new or as yet unnoticed.
While for some reason I always believed that of the three live recordings from New York 1979 two were from the same performance, it was only recently that I began to doubt this and think they are actually from three different shows. Since there is very little information available about the recordings I'd like to check with everybody what they know to gather as much info as possible.

Generally speaking I think it would be very helpful to add text files with all known details to the respective folders in the vault. Ideally these should contain information about the date, venue, location, setlist, lineup, source, lineage, etc.

Back to New York 1979:

First we have Chris Dunn's file set from My Father's Place:
http://xchange.cityboy.org/live/at_my_f ... hris_dunn/
Elsewhere on this board the date of this show has been identified as December 13, 1979.

Then there is another one from Chris:
http://xchange.cityboy.org/live/new_yor ... n_version/
This one is from The Bottom Line club and was allegedly recorded at an unknown date in September 1979. It was aired on FM radio by New York City based station WNEW, possibly on October 26, 1979.

Last but not least we have one more show from New York 1979:
http://xchange.cityboy.org/live/new_york_1979/
This is the one I had overlooked so far assuming it was a different version of the Bottom Line show above, but apparently it is not. To date I have not found any details about this recording and hope somebody can shed a light what this actually is.

Besides that, all additional information or corrections pertaining to any of the above-mentioned shows would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Joerg
...seen CITY BOY in Hamburg (Germany) on March 16, 1978 in support of Manfred Mann's Earth Band

User avatar
propylaen
Hap-ki-do kid
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Vault

Post by propylaen » Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 am

bump...nobody got a clue regarding my latest post here?

:o
...seen CITY BOY in Hamburg (Germany) on March 16, 1978 in support of Manfred Mann's Earth Band

User avatar
rito
El Presidente
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 1995 2:00 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria
Contact:

Re: The Vault

Post by rito » Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 am

propylaen wrote:bump...nobody got a clue regarding my latest post here?

:o
I think nobody does have a clue, actually. Most of the files have been online for ages and in most cases I simply don't know anything about the source material. I was just glad to get any live material at all...

User avatar
propylaen
Hap-ki-do kid
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Vault

Post by propylaen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:47 am

rito wrote:
propylaen wrote:bump...nobody got a clue regarding my latest post here?

:o
I think nobody does have a clue, actually. Most of the files have been online for ages and in most cases I simply don't know anything about the source material. I was just glad to get any live material at all...
Of course, I am glad too that this recording was made available. As we all know, there is not too much around. I was just hoping that somebody here could probably supply some additional information. Since this obviously is not the case, we have to be content with what we have and the origins of this recording will probably remain a mystery forever.

:cheers:
...seen CITY BOY in Hamburg (Germany) on March 16, 1978 in support of Manfred Mann's Earth Band

User avatar
CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Re: The Vault

Post by CatInAFlat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:44 pm

propylaen wrote:Hi folks,

Every now and then I browse the vault to see if there is something new or as yet unnoticed.
While for some reason I always believed that of the three live recordings from New York 1979 two were from the same performance, it was only recently that I began to doubt this and think they are actually from three different shows. Since there is very little information available about the recordings I'd like to check with everybody what they know to gather as much info as possible.

Generally speaking I think it would be very helpful to add text files with all known details to the respective folders in the vault. Ideally these should contain information about the date, venue, location, setlist, lineup, source, lineage, etc.

Back to New York 1979:

First we have Chris Dunn's file set from My Father's Place:
http://xchange.cityboy.org/live/at_my_f ... hris_dunn/
Elsewhere on this board the date of this show has been identified as December 13, 1979.

Then there is another one from Chris:
http://xchange.cityboy.org/live/new_yor ... n_version/
This one is from The Bottom Line club and was allegedly recorded at an unknown date in September 1979. It was aired on FM radio by New York City based station WNEW, possibly on October 26, 1979.

Last but not least we have one more show from New York 1979:
http://xchange.cityboy.org/live/new_york_1979/
This is the one I had overlooked so far assuming it was a different version of the Bottom Line show above, but apparently it is not. To date I have not found any details about this recording and hope somebody can shed a light what this actually is.

Besides that, all additional information or corrections pertaining to any of the above-mentioned shows would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Joerg
These don't work anymore.

User avatar
propylaen
Hap-ki-do kid
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Vault

Post by propylaen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 pm

rito wrote:
propylaen wrote:bump...nobody got a clue regarding my latest post here?

:o
I think nobody does have a clue, actually. Most of the files have been online for ages and in most cases I simply don't know anything about the source material. I was just glad to get any live material at all...
Hi Rito,

What actually happened to the vault? Finally gone for good?

Cheers
Joerg
...seen CITY BOY in Hamburg (Germany) on March 16, 1978 in support of Manfred Mann's Earth Band

User avatar
rito
El Presidente
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 1995 2:00 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria
Contact:

Re: The Vault

Post by rito » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:01 pm

propylaen wrote:
rito wrote:
propylaen wrote:bump...nobody got a clue regarding my latest post here?

:o
I think nobody does have a clue, actually. Most of the files have been online for ages and in most cases I simply don't know anything about the source material. I was just glad to get any live material at all...
Hi Rito,

What actually happened to the vault? Finally gone for good?

Cheers
Joerg
There has been a complaint about copyright protected material...

User avatar
propylaen
Hap-ki-do kid
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Vault

Post by propylaen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 pm

rito wrote:
propylaen wrote:
Hi Rito,

What actually happened to the vault? Finally gone for good?

Cheers
Joerg
There has been a complaint about copyright protected material...
Oh, I see.
Was this aimed at the BBC session only, or a general complaint against everything shared here?
...seen CITY BOY in Hamburg (Germany) on March 16, 1978 in support of Manfred Mann's Earth Band

User avatar
CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Re: The Vault

Post by CatInAFlat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 am

propylaen wrote:
rito wrote:
propylaen wrote:
Hi Rito,

What actually happened to the vault? Finally gone for good?

Cheers
Joerg
There has been a complaint about copyright protected material...
Oh, I see.
Was this aimed at the BBC session only, or a general complaint against everything shared here?
Which BBC session was this? Anything that may resurface on BBC4?

User avatar
rito
El Presidente
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 1995 2:00 pm
Location: Steyr, Austria
Contact:

Re: The Vault

Post by rito » Sat May 06, 2017 4:37 pm

propylaen wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 pm
Oh, I see.
Was this aimed at the BBC session only, or a general complaint against everything shared here?
Against everything...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests