City Boy Memorabilia

Discussions about the British rock group City Boy and music in general.

Moderator: rito

DJWheels
Car-Eating Man

Post by DJWheels » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:42 am

Another "Must-Mention" Item is the latest compilation by [email protected],

the 2004 rito.com "Deadly Delicious" CD

of which I treasure as a true Collectors Item !!! Thank you again for all the time and effort that you put into this beautiful release.

I show it off often !!

~Dan
Goodness Gracious, my Grandma used to say. The world's a scary place now, things were different in her day.
What horrors will be commonplace when my hair starts to grey? ~ Kevin Gilbert

christian
Doctor Doctor

Post by christian » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:02 am

hear hear! I can only agree re: Deadly Delicious album

fw20
Momma's Boy

Post by fw20 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:18 pm

The only thing I have is a t-shirt from TDTECF tour. I bought
it at the concert so I hope it is authentic merch. It was put
in my closet and never worn but now it is too small lol

I lost my ticket stubs from the 3 concerts in Toronto but
a buddy that I went with has them all.

[email protected]
Heavyweight

Post by [email protected] » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Thank you, Dan and Christian for your comments. It was a pleasure to make "Deadly Delicious" and an even greater joy to send a copy to all of you who wanted it.

I shipped the two last ones (of 30) not long ago.

I have sent a copy to Max as well. As you can imagine, it was kind of a surrealistic moment for me to send this compilation of great music to one of the men behind this great music.

Stefan
Narcissus

Post by Stefan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:33 pm

I have a very precious black T-Shirt that says "The Greatest Band You Never Heard Of".

Do you all remember which great guy from here made this one (and a few others too...) ?? :lol: :lol:

Max Thomas
Band Member

CB Memorobilia

Post by Max Thomas » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:13 am

Well, I've thought about this long and hard, and I've decided that my needs at this time outweigh the sadness of letting go of a couple of things that I do have in this category. I suppose that I should ask Thomas about this - whether or not he approves of offering them for sale on the website, and how it should best be done.

Apart from the belt buckle, I have a silver disc of "5705" for sales in excess of 350,000 in the UK (aluminium frame, glass front, Union Jack, disc, and placard stating "presented to Max Thomas..." and so on, - from Phonogram), and an award consisting of a telephone dial from Phonogram, Sweden commemorating the sale of 30,000 copies of "Book Early, similarly in a frame with a glass front and a placard. This latter item is rather sweet actually.

So, there you go. No reserve price, but if God does the miracle I am expecting within the next week or so, the sale's off!

Max Thomas

Stefan P.
Car-Eating Man

Post by Stefan P. » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:12 pm

Except for vinyls (and CD's) consisting of LP's and a lot of seven inches (3 copies of Turn On To Jesus) I have a couple of original promo shots, some sheet music and a sew on patch hailing from the first album.
Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing
people who can't talk, for people who can't read.

//Frank Zappa

-=Todd=-
Car-Eating Man

Post by -=Todd=- » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:21 am

Stefan wrote:I have a very precious black T-Shirt that says "The Greatest Band You Never Heard Of".

Do you all remember which great guy from here made this one (and a few others too...) ?? :lol: :lol:

Susan told me that she liked the shirt so much she was going to have it framed!
-=Todd=-

PerG
Heavyweight

Post by PerG » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:40 am

-=Todd=- wrote:
Stefan wrote:I have a very precious black T-Shirt that says "The Greatest Band You Never Heard Of".

Susan told me that she liked the shirt so much she was going to have it framed!

You don't happen to have a picture of this T-shirt, do you? :?:

I thought it'd be cool 8) to design my own CB T-shirt since it's so easy to get it from the computer to a print-out nowadays!

Drewness
Momma's Boy

Artifacts

Post by Drewness » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:06 am

I have only a few things-"the Press Clippings"-Thanks dave.I also have a signed picguard by Mike Slamer-"Thanx Todd !!!!! Finally I have a black T-Shirt over the front in the leftside Breast pock is the CB log from YMGW"
Thanx again - I now who you are.

That`s about all I have of CB stuff..

Im` turning my oldest daughter`s bedroom into a Music room "she moved out. So I`ve been Framing some of my other suff.

I have The Beatles original "butcher block cover". "Yesterday and Today" The Capitol release with the original "Rainbow ,Black," label. Also,The Beatles "She Loves You"on the Swan label. Grand Funk`s 6th LP-"the that`s silver and looks like a coin ---Signed by Marc Farner.

THINGS LOST OR STOLEN & BROKEN:

1976 RED GIBSON SG,1964 HOFNER BASS,-BOTH STOLEN IN 1990.ALSO STOLEN AT DIFFERENT TIMES-1964 PAT TRAVERS GIBSON MELODY MAKER,A STICK THROWN OUT INTO THE AUDIENCE BY PETER CRISS OF KISS,AND MY 1996 Z-28 CHEVY CAMARO.

SEE YOU GUYS LATER,

DREWNESS

Drewness
Momma's Boy

The Shirt........

Post by Drewness » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:15 am

PerG about that shirt,the guy who made when he seesyour post he`ll contact.

As for the discription-it`s black withe the YMGW logo on the front over the left pocket.The back at the top says"the greatest band you never heard" and lists the album titles on it.

I have to respect his privacy & I wish I could tell you more-but knowing him-He`ll call you.

drewness

Froggy
Car-Eating Man

Post by Froggy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:27 am

I never had much chance to collect anything, I was 14 or 15 and still at school and flat broke. I did have 5.7.0.5 on blue vinyl....till someone stole it. Im happy with (almost) all the albums and this forum for now though. I just got a reconditioned turntable a few days ago so I can actually play the albums again, havent had a turntable for about 15 years. :)

CatInAFlat
Momma's Boy

Re:

Post by CatInAFlat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:39 am

Coventry Dave wrote:Mikael, you're nearly correct in what you say, their last English gig was actually the next night at the Music Machine in London. They were only able to get the two gigs in, (5705 had just charted), as i believe they were committed to an upcoming American tour. As for memorabilia, i was forgeting the German press kit for Turn On To Jesus that i received from Chris Dunn. Contained the single TOTJ, (though only in the stock English red and black Phonogram sleeve), biography, (in German), press photograph inside an A4 sized yellow, green and black folder, with a hand written note from Chris.
I have an ancient book called The Music Machine by someone called Bill Stoddart which must have been written in the 70s. It was obviously designed to capitalise on Saturday Night Fever, and I think there is also a film, similar to SNF. I must have picked it up at a vintage fair.

Has anyone actually been there?